Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Advise on a Mastad screen  (Read 1574 times)

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: Advise on a Mastad screen
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 05:25:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tigerider [+]

You are joking aren't you?

I seem to recall one (Italy maybe) had a law about it, I don't think it's "most, if not all of Europe" though.

Saying that, it wouldn't be a good idea to ride having to look through a screen, most of them are optically pretty poor.
Maybe there's a market for the oldies for taller screens with prescription lenses in them  :492:
Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline digger06

• Tiger Master
  • digger06
  • Bike: tiger 800 xc
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 05:46:40 PM »
I took that quote from A site that gave info on bike screens somewhere, i think i posted it on another post,,,i do know germany requires a windscreen wiper if you cant see over it,(not v practical, lol)and vosa here recomend a fail on the mot, ,  but rather than worry about laws I think ,as you do,that its pretty dangerous not to be able to see over the top , a dark rainy night could be pretty scary imo , and as an mot insector, would fail it IF I thought vision was impaired
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 05:54:43 PM by digger06 »

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 05:52:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by digger06 [+]
Germany requires a windscreen wiper if you cant see over it,vosa here recomend a fail on the mot, ,  but rather than worry about laws I think ,as you do,that its pretty dangerous not to be able to see over the top , a dark rainy night could be pretty scary imo

How can the tester know who the rider is? what's the reference used for determining if it's too high?
I used to regularly take other peoples bikes for MOT
Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline digger06

• Tiger Master
  • digger06
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 05:57:16 PM »
The tester doesn't know, unless its the owner,your right, its tested at that point in time,an mot was never fully clear cut,and never will be,
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 06:09:20 PM by digger06 »

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 06:14:10 PM »
The tester doesn't know, unless its the owner,your right, its tested at that point in time,an mot was never fully clear cut,and never will be,

If it is the owner, how do you measure the screen Vs the rider? Guestimate his/her torso length whilst they're sipping coffee in the viewing or waiting area?

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 08:01:54 PM »
as long as you can see over the top, its a legal requirement in most, if not all of Europe..
Japanese home market Gold Wings come fitted with a w/s wiper as std. equipment (the height of the home market rider, generally, would force looking through the w/s).
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience gets the money and the man with money gets the experience."
Jimmy Nighttime

Offline fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 08:45:32 PM »
Italy, LOL they dont give a shite. Everyone riding peds drinking coffee and smoking, its like Thailand but their better dressed.

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 08:47:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by fac191 [+]
Italy, LOL they dont give a shite. Everyone riding peds drinking coffee and smoking, its like Thailand but their better dressed.

Yeah but it doesn't stop them having silly laws

Offline digger06

• Tiger Master
  • digger06
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2017, 08:35:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
If it is the owner, how do you measure the screen Vs the rider? Guestimate his/her torso length whilst they're sipping coffee in the viewing or waiting area?
Sit them on it, you are allowed to involve the rider, a good tester always does ,especially if its the owner, best way to do the headlight beam , and the roller brake test. Saves on coffee too

Recent Topics

winded-staunch