Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2017 - MINI MEET - Reviews, Reports & Stuff  (Read 4698 times)

Offline GeoffS

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: XC - Green/Black
2017 - MINI MEET - Reviews, Reports & Stuff
« on: October 01, 2017, 03:48:21 PM »
Hello bestest people on the planet.
Brilliant weekend. Thanks to everyone for coming along and making it a good-un.
I think Richard pulled off a blinder (again) with his route, and I think if you ask him, he'll probably say that he also arranged the weather; what a day.
Thanks again, cos without you good people, these little "adventures" wouldn't happen.
Till the next time....
Geoff
  :417: , but don't tell the S10 Starship Admirals
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Some poems rhyme,
But this one doesnt.

Offline Greg

• Tiger Jedi
  • Tiger 800 No2.. Scrambler.. Mahoosive Yamaha
  • Bike: Tiger 800...
Re: 2017 - MINI MEET - Reviews, Reports & Stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 03:59:27 PM »
What fantastic weekend... and the weather played ball as well...  :156:

Great run yesterday some cracking roads including a rather interesting ford crossing... Some called them goat tracks  :164: Nice to see a tiger 800 airborne  :001: Quickly followed by an S10... Nice landing Kerry.. :020:

The route was fantastic and took in all manner of roads and the lunch at the pub and dinner at the Park were yet again excellent.

Nice to see some new faces as well as the old ones.. The usual evening shenanigans took place...  :008:

Massive thanks to Richard and Geoff for the planning and keeping these Mini Meets going... Lest hope there's someone to pick up the organising of the Mega Meet next year... Nothing much posted about that yet...  :017:

I made a suggestion... Lets see what happens..  :038:

I've loads of photos to wade through so will get Mini Me to do his media school project on a little montage..  :062:

Great to see you all..

Greg

PS..
but don't tell the S10 Starship Admirals...
I'm sure I saw a Kingon off my starboard bow a few times on that run....  :005: 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 04:02:59 PM by Greg »
It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.
Hugh Laurie

Offline Zaphod

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800XC, Fazer 600
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 04:16:54 PM »
Cracking weekend, thanks to Geoff and Richard for all the graft...  :031: :031:

I dunno how far I flew - but it's further than I've ever flown before without wings and an airfield being involved... :152:

Geoff, I am never drinking Jack Daniels with you again. Till the next time... :084:

Offline fac191

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 04:44:10 PM »
Thanks to Richard and Geoff for everything. Great hotel and food and fantastic route. My only complaint is regarding road signage. If it says " hump back bridge " i expect to see a bridge, not a speed hump. Imagine if some idiot approaches it with a bit of gusto, they are going to get a big surprise !. Also scrutineering ought to take a look at the lead vehicles engine, that can't be a 1200 😙

Offline fac191

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 04:50:10 PM »
Oh, and the company weren't bad either !. And can someone put some batteries in the rabbit next time !

Offline Greg

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 05:09:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by fac191 [+]
Thanks to Richard and Geoff for everything. Great hotel and food and fantastic route. My only complaint is regarding road signage. If it says " hump back bridge " i expect to see a bridge, not a speed hump. Imagine if some idiot approaches it with a bit of gusto, they are going to get a big surprise !. Also scrutineering ought to take a look at the lead vehicles engine, that can't be a 1200 😙

It's a specially tuned S10 they do them in Devon too !!... I'd spend some money and get it re mapped if I were you :492:

Greg
It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.
Hugh Laurie

Offline fac191

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 05:16:34 PM »
I reckon I had a corrupted gpx file of the route and it was a slower version ! . You probably need the extra power to run all those fookin lights lol 😉

Offline Greg

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 05:36:01 PM »
I reckon I had a corrupted gpx file of the route and it was a slower version ! . You probably need the extra power to run all those fookin lights lol 😉

:492: :492:

I told you... There'a a wood burning stove under the seat!!..  :001: :001:

Greg
Hugh Laurie

Offline fac191

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 05:43:14 PM »
I bet you got the one that does pizzas !

Offline Greg

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 05:52:13 PM »
I bet you got the one that does pizzas !

Fish n Chips ...

Great to catch up mate...  :028:

Greg
Hugh Laurie

winded-staunch