Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Triumph diagnostics  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Mattytiger800

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: tiger 800 abs
Triumph diagnostics
« on: October 09, 2017, 11:08:18 PM »
Hi all,
Does anyone use triumphs own diagnostic software? I know it's expensive but I may consider it as dealer tool won't connect and tuneecu. I got tiger tool to connect but was only able to reset the service indicator, I'm so confused  :173:
Professional tinkerer, novice green laner and arm chair racer

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: Triumph diagnostics
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 07:06:57 AM »
Will Triumph sell you it?

Anyway, have you tried your cable and laptop on another bike?
IMO - You need to eliminate that kit before spending big money on another piece of code that may well do the same thing.

I suspect it's either the OBD socket on the bike, or an issue with the cable/laptop configuration but as you actually connected with Tiger Tool, I'd take a close look at the socket.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 09:01:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
Anyway, have you tried your cable and laptop on another bike?
IMO - You need to eliminate that kit before spending big money on another piece of code that may well do the same thing.

I suspect it's either the OBD socket on the bike, or an issue with the cable/laptop configuration but as you actually connected with Tiger Tool, I'd take a close look at the socket.

+1

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline Bassman

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger XCx
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 09:45:51 AM »
Ive been using dealertool since I bought my xcx new in 2015 and its been great.The only problem has been windows 10 updates override the comport drivers at every update.Very annoying but not DT fault.They sent me a repair patch which I leave on the desktop and evrytime windows overides it I just click the icon and the com port lights up again takes about ten seconds.
http://www.ifamilysoftware.com/Drivers/PL2303_64bit_Installer.exe .Hers the link if it helps in anyway.Funnily enough just had to reset it again this evening

Offline Bassman

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger XCx
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 09:49:18 AM »
Sorry forgot to mention DT will be coded to your ECU so unfortunately you cant test t on another bike and mine only works with their OBD2 cable. Ive tried it with the cable I used on my other bikes and car and DT doesn't recognize it

Offline ccmp

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2015 800 xca
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 11:06:04 AM »
You can test by connecting to another bike. You need to suck up the ecu data to order another license. No cost to read this key. this will test settings and cable.

Offline T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 12:15:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bassman [+]
Ive been using dealertool since I bought my xcx new in 2015 and its been great.The only problem has been windows 10 updates override the comport drivers at every update.Very annoying but not DT fault.
There are ways around this to prevent Win10 from overwriting a driver once you have a working version on there. I had to do this a couple of years back for something similar. DT don't (or at least didn't) make their own cables so they were reliant on third-party drivers. Their V2.0 leads used FTDI USB interface chips (or copies thereof) but the newer V2.5 leads use a different interface and different licensing method. If they'd stuck with genuine FTDI USB chips there would be no problem with Win10 drivers.

*Originally Posted by ccmp [+]
You can test by connecting to another bike. You need to suck up the ecu data to order another license. No cost to read this key. this will test settings and cable.
This wouldn't necessarily all connections on the interface as not all procedures use the same OBD protocols and therefore require different pins on the connector.

If I was the OP I'd be inclined to figure out why TigerTool is only working to reset the service interval and is not able to read the DTCs. As others have mentioned, check all connections on the bike and if possible check the laptop & OBD lead setup with another bike. If he lived closer I'd soon sort it for him. There are several threads on this same subject now so it's getting a bit messy to follow!

EDIT: I've just checked the TigerTool source code and have posted a follow-up in one of your other posts with a suggestion as to where the problem lies. You can check it here...
https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,22701.msg258344.html#msg258344
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:42:29 PM by T800XC »

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline earthman

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 05:44:50 PM »
Ive been using dealertool since I bought my xcx new in 2015 and its been great.The only problem has been windows 10 updates override the comport drivers at every update.Very annoying but not DT fault.They sent me a repair patch which I leave on the desktop and evrytime windows overides it I just click the icon and the com port lights up again takes about ten seconds.
http://www.ifamilysoftware.com/Drivers/PL2303_64bit_Installer.exe .Hers the link if it helps in anyway.Funnily enough just had to reset it again this evening

Now that's interesting, don't suppose you have a link to that driver for a 32bit laptop by any chance?

It sure is a pain in the rear end that Windows 10 with it's so many updates, I still can't get my Dealertool to work, I have to drag my old dead battery XP laptop out everytime I want to work on the bike.

Offline Georgeinabz

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800xr
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2020, 09:09:13 AM »
Try this
How to Disable Automatic Driver Downloads on Windows 10
Right click the Start button and select Control Panel.
Make your way to System and Security.
Click System.
Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
Select the Hardware tab.
Press the Device Installation Settings button.
Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

Offline earthman

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2020, 11:50:15 AM »
*Originally Posted by Georgeinabz [+]
Try this
How to Disable Automatic Driver Downloads on Windows 10
Right click the Start button and select Control Panel.
Make your way to System and Security.
Click System.
Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
Select the Hardware tab.
Press the Device Installation Settings button.
Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

I'm sure that I've done that before but doesn't a Windows 10 big update revert those settings back to thier default setting??
I'm not sure but it's something to keep an eye on/check out,.... I'm sick of Windows and their frequent and rather large updates.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch