Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Great bike. But.  (Read 2891 times)

Offline Tiggerton

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: XRx Low 2017
Re: Great bike. But.
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2017, 06:37:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by lucfcb [+]
well 'maninthejar' ....

I do admit that you can have issues with all kinds of brands and bikes, but Honda CBF 1000? I've been driving those for years, and involved in a forum of biffer owners ...
The only problem I had with the Biffer I had was that the ignition key metal was soft and snapped one time.

Regards
Honda 90 c200, Norton Dominator 99, Triumph (Saint) T110, Triumph 750 T140 ES, Triumph Bantam Cub, Triumph Tiger Cub, BSA 650 Golden Flash, Honda CBF 1000, Triumph Sprint GT & a Tiger 800 XrX low.

Offline gryan39

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Triumph tiger800
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 06:56:14 PM »
Well not doom gloom and I'll wait see.
I've had many bikes with no issues, yes you get thus that but
not major stuff at that age of bike. I hope all is well and I end up singing bikes praises
But right now woukd I recommend triumph tiger. No I wouldn't.   I'd like think that Monday/Friday bikes/cars etc are long gone. But you never know lol.

Offline ENGLISHBANDIT

• Tiger Master
  • ENGLISHBANDIT
  • Bike: T800 FZ1N CBR929
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 08:46:10 PM »
Everything today is made cheaper Across the board. My last two ford transit vans both brand new .Gear box gone on one at 11000 miles the other at 18000 miles and I do not use them for work so very light use. I also deal in motorcycles clothing and all the top brands have cheapened there quality yet charge the same price or more. It's all about profit profit profit. They only care that the vehicle makes it to the 3 years once warranty is out they don't give a sh*t. In fact they make more from the parts and fixing them than they do from selling the bike or car or van. My local bike shop makes around 500 on a new bike sale. And sadly anyone that can not do most of there own servicing ,brakes ,clutches and so on get heavy bills. And triumph parts take the piss on price. I bought a street triple last year that had a small drop so I bought it fixed it and sold it on. ( done a few bikes) this was my first triumph. Prices were a joke and I got most trade. Would not do a triumph again parts were just to much. The centre stand I just bought for my tiger 800 was way over priced. And I got it cheaper than normal 150 with fitting kit still heavy
Stand behind our troops,if not feel free to stand in front of them

Offline gryan39

• Tiger Member
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 08:54:08 PM »
Agree.   Big price.  Parts don't last.

Was looking at centre stand.  175 come on !

Anyway when it's going it's a great bike.

And now that bike no working the suns been out. 😭

Offline ENGLISHBANDIT

• Tiger Master
  • ENGLISHBANDIT
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2017, 09:08:54 PM »
I just paid 150

Offline ENGLISHBANDIT

• Tiger Master
  • ENGLISHBANDIT
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2017, 09:16:31 PM »
Got 4 bikes at moment never had a problem with my Fz1n had 3 of them never a problem. I have 2 cbr 929s and I deal in them good bikes but honda do have there problems most have the stator problem and rectifier problems the gear boxes have problems as well if ridden hard. But would say most bike have there problems. One thing I will say triumphs do not do wet weather well the finish just flakes away would not take my tiger out over winter thing would fall apart. I have seen some 2 year old tigers that I would not even buy. Yet my 17 year old cbr 929s are in almost show room condition ( one is on gumtree and auto trader blue and yellow 2895 )

Offline gryan39

• Tiger Member
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2017, 09:19:43 PM »
I have sprayed lots protection sh*t on it to help protect from Scottish weather. Going cover chrome with grease where I can. Find that all helps. Don't like my nuts going rusty

Offline ENGLISHBANDIT

• Tiger Master
  • ENGLISHBANDIT
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 02:12:10 PM »
that acf50 is ok if you like that sort of thing. i used it once never again but i don't ride in the wet also bike bikes get washed and polished after every ride (i know :110:) apart from when i am in Scotland and it only gets washed. but if you do ride in all weathers the ACF50 is good

Offline Jay2

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2017, 09:48:19 PM »
So got a 13 Roadie with 30K+ miles on the clock and sympathies with most of the comments, just got mine back after spending the last six months backwards and forwards from the dealership with a revving/cutting out issue.  Eventually sorted with a new RR after swapping and changing various parts.  Although came back with an issue with the fog lights that they simply told me about but didn't fix?!  :232:

I ride mine all year round and coat with ACF50 but still have tarnished bolts, flaky paint, etc.

BUT a quick ride out and all thoughts of selling up for something else vanish.  :300:

Offline gryan39

• Tiger Member
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2017, 10:00:46 PM »
Sorry for my ignorance but what's a RR.

Recent Topics