Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cobrra Nemo 2 chain oiler: feedback  (Read 11319 times)

Offline kiwal

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XRX 2016
Re: Cobrra Nemo 2 chain oiler: feedback
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 09:02:53 PM »
And 180 degree turn is used during rainy days?
What is going on then with the oil?
Kiwal

Offline Psychopasta

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 09:38:05 PM »
You get twice as much as with a 1/4 turn, that's all.

Offline Tigermainia

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRt
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 09:16:41 AM »
*Originally Posted by Bulldogfour [+]
And this is my installation.  Shorter run for tubing and out of the way of anything on the bars.  The oil dropper sits above and just in front of the rear sprocket so it isn't affected by chain bounce.

Hi, is the bracket at the dispensing/chain end just held in place by the adhesive strip on the bracket? Can't make it out from your pic.
From '61 to present - BSA C12, Royal Enfield Crusader Sports, Tiger 110, T120R Bonnie, BMW R50, Suzuki GT185, T120 Bonnie, KE 175, BMW R75, GSX750, FJ1200, XJR1300, FZ1000, Sprint1050 & Street Triple, Sprint1050, Speedtriple, Sprint1050, Sprint GT, Trophy 1215, Speedtriple & Bonneville, XRx, XRt

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 10:53:54 AM »
 ^^^Looks like it was fitted a bit too late looking at that pic of sprocket & chain.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Bulldogfour

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRT '17
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 11:21:59 PM »
The last photo was taken some time after fitting and in the middle of rainy period.  Can't all be cleaning gods.

The Cobrra bracket is actually glued to a piece of steel strip that in turn is held in place by longer bolts through the lower chain guard. The rear bolt actually passes through the Cobrra U channel to ensure that it doesn't come loose - I wasn't going to trust an adhesive strip alone.  If the U channel had been longer then I could have put the front bolt through it also but it isn't.

The wire brace is marine grade stainless wire twisted to help me get the length correct and as the third side of a triangle gives the installation stability and prevents the dispensing arm moving.

The nut/bolt you can see just behind the end of the tube is to set the angle of the tube so that it is above the chain.  It works well and hasn't moved since fitting - unlike my first attempt which resulted in the tube being eaten by the chain as I forgot about chain bounce.
Bikes previous: NSU Quickly moped; Honda C50; Honda 305 scrambler; Yamaha RD350 (x2); Suzuki GT380; Honda NX250; Harley Sportster 1200; Yamaha TDM900; Yamaha 1300 cruiser; Honda CB600F5 Hornet; FJR1300 (x2); Triumph Explorer.

Bikes now: Triumph Tiger 800XRT - one bike less than optimum!

Offline DonVulpes

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800XRT
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2018, 06:41:48 AM »
Looks like a fantastic system and so simple to use. Wish I'd seen this before I ponied up for the Scottoiler E-system  :015: :034:
Doesn't matter where I'm going, getting there on two wheels is always the better option.

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2018, 08:17:36 AM »
The last photo was taken some time after fitting and in the middle of rainy period.  Can't all be cleaning gods.

I wasn't referring to the dirt, from the pic, the sprocket looks a tad on the tired side.

Do the instructions say to fit the dispenser up above the sprocket? Scottoiler say to fit theirs at bottom of rear sprocket so's centrifugal force sends the oil into the chain. Seems logical.

Offline Bulldogfour

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRT '17
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2018, 08:29:21 AM »
The sprocket is fine (bike has only done 3k miles) its a trick of the light.

As for dispensing position this arrangement drops oil onto the inside middle of the chain just before it gets to the sprocket.  Other makes put oil directly onto one or both sides of the sprocket but that can get messy.  Either way works I guess.
Bikes previous: NSU Quickly moped; Honda C50; Honda 305 scrambler; Yamaha RD350 (x2); Suzuki GT380; Honda NX250; Harley Sportster 1200; Yamaha TDM900; Yamaha 1300 cruiser; Honda CB600F5 Hornet; FJR1300 (x2); Triumph Explorer.

Bikes now: Triumph Tiger 800XRT - one bike less than optimum!

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2018, 08:40:08 AM »
Looks to be a good system, similar price to the Scottoiler V system but now the dealers tell us Triumph won't allow them to fit that, we have to have the E system at twice the price or possibly cause probs with electrickery, could be BS but we can't chance issues with warranty. My guess is, it's a lot quicker to fit the E system.

Offline Tigermainia

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRt
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2018, 08:56:08 AM »

The Cobrra bracket is actually glued to a piece of steel strip that in turn is held in place by longer bolts through the lower chain guard. The rear bolt actually passes through the Cobrra U channel to ensure that it doesn't come loose - I wasn't going to trust an adhesive strip alone.  If the U channel had been longer then I could have put the front bolt through it also but it isn't.

The wire brace is marine grade stainless wire twisted to help me get the length correct and as the third side of a triangle gives the installation stability and prevents the dispensing arm moving.

The nut/bolt you can see just behind the end of the tube is to set the angle of the tube so that it is above the chain.  It works well and hasn't moved since fitting - unlike my first attempt which resulted in the tube being eaten by the chain as I forgot about chain bounce.

Hi Bulldogfour, many thanks for the detail, I had just noticed the two different bolts on the lower chain guard after I'd asked the question.
From '61 to present - BSA C12, Royal Enfield Crusader Sports, Tiger 110, T120R Bonnie, BMW R50, Suzuki GT185, T120 Bonnie, KE 175, BMW R75, GSX750, FJ1200, XJR1300, FZ1000, Sprint1050 & Street Triple, Sprint1050, Speedtriple, Sprint1050, Sprint GT, Trophy 1215, Speedtriple & Bonneville, XRx, XRt

Recent Topics