Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cobrra Nemo 2 chain oiler: feedback  (Read 8751 times)

Offline Fuge

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XCx
Re: Cobrra Nemo 2 chain oiler: feedback
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 07:23:16 PM »
Good info thanks chaps, I'm ordering one from Amazon tomorrow - once the wages of sin are in.

I'll also be following Bulldogfour's lead with a rear-fitment as it looks well tidy.  :062:

Moreover, there is enough weight on my bars as is and I like the idea of a shorter oil-pipe run with no constant flexing at the headstock. A leak there would transport me back to the good old days of how my TR65 looked with a rocker-box leak.  :007:

Offline Psychopasta

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 03:46:34 AM »
Isn't death the wages of sin?

Offline sezian

• Tiger Master
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2018, 07:41:30 AM »
Interested to know why everyone here picked the Nemo 2 over the Tutoro?

I'm trying to decide (have ruled out the Scottoiler & Lubeman) which to go for, both very similar price, Nemo 2 looks good but only dishes out a few drops of oil when the top has been turned, the Tutoro is perhaps a little more complex but does keep oiling all the time the bike is moving.

If you've had this dilemma and have carefully considered one against the other please post reasons why as there seems to be far to much choice these days  :157:

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2018, 08:22:16 AM »
Why discount the Scottoiler, they've been at it a long time & got it right.

I've had Scottoilers on all my bikes for the past 20'odd years with no problems, all V system. Now my most recent Tiger 800 has the E system, this has the advantage of being able to set the drips spacing & a 60 second prime button if you want to give the chain extra lube after a soaking.
Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2018, 09:02:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by sezian [+]
Interested to know why everyone here picked the Nemo 2 over the Tutoro?

I'm trying to decide (have ruled out the Scottoiler & Lubeman) which to go for, both very similar price, Nemo 2 looks good but only dishes out a few drops of oil when the top has been turned, the Tutoro is perhaps a little more complex but does keep oiling all the time the bike is moving.

If you've had this dilemma and have carefully considered one against the other please post reasons why as there seems to be far to much choice these days  :157:
Well the Tutoro is flaky in my experience and the company weren't great in correcting the issue.  Went with the Loobman in the end although in winter the Nemo would be better as it's a forced supply whereas Loobman, Scotoiler, Tutoro are all gravity based.
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2018, 09:18:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
Well the Tutoro is flaky in my experience and the company weren't great in correcting the issue.  Went with the Loobman in the end although in winter the Nemo would be better as it's a forced supply whereas Loobman, Scotoiler, Tutoro are all gravity based.

The Scottoiler E system is pump fed.

https://www.scottoiler.com/us/esystem/how-it-works.html

Offline sezian

• Tiger Master
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2018, 01:01:45 PM »
I've discounted the Scottoiler for a couple of reasons, There are a few suggestions that "It could" upset the Tiger.............not sure how or why but it's been reported on here  :087:

The Scottoiler E System is absolutely silly money 200 for a chain oiler  :192: I'm struggling to accept paying 100. I've had a couple of scottoilers over the years and they do tend to get the back end a bit messy, having said that I'm assuming this could be the case with any oiler, I currently use Wurth Dry Lube, which is fantastic and doesn't make a mess  :028:

In the end you pay's your money and make's your choice, I guess everyone will (in most cases) favour the one they've bought (it's a bit like tyres, the best one's are the one's you've fitted).

I like the Nemo 2 for it's simplicity & "presumably"  not much can go wrong, I also like the fact it will give a good mileage before needing to be topped-up and with one of my tours this year I'm expecting to cover some 4,500 miles, and another over 2,000 mile so even though I love the Wurth lube I don't want to be messing around lubing the chain at the end of every day  :110:

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if there are any real pro's or con's with either of these systems but at the moment I'm 70 / 30 in favour of the Nemo 2  :017:

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2018, 01:44:01 PM »
If cost was an issue I'd make one. There was a guy in Matlock Bath selling chain oilers for a fiver, they worked fine, all his chums had one, just had to remember to turn them off. Bit of a mod would cure that.

Offline Bulldogfour

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRT '17
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2018, 02:56:59 PM »
I chose the Nemo because:

1. It doesnt need to be fitted under the seat like Scottoilers (at least thats where I put my previous ones) as I would prefer to use the space for tools etc.
2. Its well made and strong and fits easily in a few places unlike most of the other non-Scottoilers that whilst no doubt perform well they dont look so good fitted.
3. As it works by compression it hopefully will avoid the problem of changing viscosity with temperature as the drop oilers do.
4. It doesnt need to be connected to the bikes vacuum or electrical systems.
5. The reservoir lasts a long time and is easily topped up with most gear oils if you run out.
6. Its easier and cleaner to refill.  I remember my Scottoiler being a compete PITA to fill without spilling oil.
7. If you want to put more oil on the chain than normal you just turn the top a bit further and nothing to reset afterwards - unlike my old Scottoiler.
8. Easy to install - Well that isnt strictly true as getting the drop pipe into the right place was fiddly.  The shape of the Tiger swing arm isnt helpful and not is the presence of the lower chain guard.  However, now it is fitted it is solid and I know it is easy to remove.  Being a triangle as I have it then it is easy to put back into the right place - at least it has been.
9. I have bobbin mounts and the special Scottoiler dropper fitting for the Tiger wants to use the same hole so that doesnt work for me.

Bikes previous: NSU Quickly moped; Honda C50; Honda 305 scrambler; Yamaha RD350 (x2); Suzuki GT380; Honda NX250; Harley Sportster 1200; Yamaha TDM900; Yamaha 1300 cruiser; Honda CB600F5 Hornet; FJR1300 (x2); Triumph Explorer.

Bikes now: Triumph Tiger 800XRT - one bike less than optimum!

Offline Slowmo

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRx
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2018, 03:09:36 PM »
+1 Fully agree with Bulldogfour (Nos 1-7) Couldnt have put it better myself (so I wont). For me, much better than Scotslick and Tutoro.
Jim

Recent Topics

winded-staunch