Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cobrra Nemo 2 chain oiler: feedback  (Read 9216 times)

Online Pizzarepairman

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRX
Re: Cobrra Nemo 2 chain oiler: feedback
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2018, 03:14:34 PM »
Also +1 with Bulldogfour and Slowmo

It's well made and I think it blends in nicely in the cockpit area.

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2018, 04:54:40 PM »
I'm another one with an E-system - it came with the bike, I wouldn't have paid that much for a chain oiler, but it's very good. I want to put an oiler on the Scrambler though so I'm interested in all these things - the Turtoro is out because the Scrambler leans a ridiculous amount on the sidestand and the Turtoro needs to be near vertical both when the bike is upright and when it's on the stand. So do I get a V-system or pay a tenner more and get a Cobrra? Ah, decisions, decisions.
Tiger 800 XRx, Scrambler, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900

Offline Plodder

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Black XR
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2018, 05:31:44 PM »
I was going to get a Scottoiler Esystem for a forthcoming trip, but seriously considering getting the Nemo instead. I don't want the reservoir on my handlebars (too crowded already), so thinking about mounting it on my PLR6401 pannier rack if I can find somewhere suitable. I'm just wondering how it would cope with all the crap flung up from below. What's the bottom of the reservoir like? Is the muck likely to affect the rotation during filling or lubing?

Offline Fuge

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XCx
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2018, 07:30:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Psychopasta [+]
Isn't death the wages of sin?
:430: I'm sure you are right, it's just an expression that got lodged in my mind sometime and I've never bothered to acquire the definition.  :192: I just liked the way it rhymed with 'in'.

Thanks for the clarification Psychopasta.  :062:

Offline Psychopasta

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2018, 05:16:46 AM »
Mind how you go, Fuge  :028:

Offline sezian

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2018, 02:54:22 PM »
Interested to know how the oil feed pipe is routed from the reservoir, the important bit being how you get the pipe to the lower chain guard  :187:

Reading other installations I think people have gone through the swinging arm cut-outs, but not sure how to get round the rear shock and still leave enough spare pipe for movement of the swinging arm without it possibly snagging in the shock  :261:

Bulldogfour - Do you have yours routed through the swinging arm or underneath? Any info (and possible pics) would be appreciated  :031:

Looking to run mine from the handlebar area so the oil pipe can come out either from inside the battery box or to the side of it but can't see an easy way to get the pipe from that area to the swinging arm cut-out just behind the shock   :148:

Offline Happyjack

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2018, 03:11:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by sezian [+]

Looking to run mine from the handlebar area so the oil pipe can come out either from inside the battery box or to the side of it but can't see an easy way to get the pipe from that area to the swinging arm cut-out just behind the shock   :148:

Hi Sezian,
If you can get as far as the battery box....
I fitted my scott oiler under the pillion seat and ran the tube forward to the right hand side of the battery.
There is a small gap at the bottom of the front right hand corner of the rest of the plastic moulding that includes the battery box.
If you push the tube into that corner you should find it will come out just forward and below the rear brake reservoir .
The tube can then be routed with the rear brake pipe down to the swinging arm and into the swinging arm cut-out.

cheers

Happyjack

Online Bulldogfour

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRT '17
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2018, 04:37:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by sezian [+]
Interested to know how the oil feed pipe is routed from the reservoir, the important bit being how you get the pipe to the lower chain guard  :187:

Reading other installations I think people have gone through the swinging arm cut-outs, but not sure how to get round the rear shock and still leave enough spare pipe for movement of the swinging arm without it possibly snagging in the shock  :261:

Bulldogfour - Do you have yours routed through the swinging arm or underneath? Any info (and possible pics) would be appreciated  :031:

Mine is mounted on the pannier frame (see earlier pics) so nowhere close to the spring.  Here is a pic of the pipe run from the reservoir.  It passed through between the upper chain guard and the swing arm and is tie-wrapped to ensure it stays in place and no-where near the chain.

Bikes previous: NSU Quickly moped; Honda C50; Honda 305 scrambler; Yamaha RD350 (x2); Suzuki GT380; Honda NX250; Harley Sportster 1200; Yamaha TDM900; Yamaha 1300 cruiser; Honda CB600F5 Hornet; FJR1300 (x2); Triumph Explorer.

Bikes now: Triumph Tiger 800XRT - one bike less than optimum!

Offline Plodder

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Black XR
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2018, 10:31:44 PM »
Inspired by Bulldogfour's use of the lower chainguard mounting, here's my take on it. The tubing exits the cutout in the swingarm and drops into the hole on the top of the u-channel before being threaded through the dispensing arm. The u-channel is mounted using the same M6 bolts as the lower chainguard, but replaced with 40mm ones.

Online Bulldogfour

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRT '17
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2018, 12:05:55 AM »
👍

Top looking job Plodder.
Bikes previous: NSU Quickly moped; Honda C50; Honda 305 scrambler; Yamaha RD350 (x2); Suzuki GT380; Honda NX250; Harley Sportster 1200; Yamaha TDM900; Yamaha 1300 cruiser; Honda CB600F5 Hornet; FJR1300 (x2); Triumph Explorer.

Bikes now: Triumph Tiger 800XRT - one bike less than optimum!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch