Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2018 Megameet Gloucester?  (Read 3787 times)

Online Happyjack

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
Re: 2018 Megameet Gloucester?
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2018, 03:59:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by JMc [+]
The general format is, arrive Friday 11th May, meet up with the rest of the gang as they arrive and have an evening meal together if arrival times allow.
Saturday after breakfast go out for the day on the bikes on a guided route with lunch and tea stops approx 200 miles depending on numbers and weather etc.
All together on Saturday evening for drinks and food, laughter and fun.
Most will leave Sunday to travel back home, I can offer a mornings ride on Sunday as previously stated for those interested.

At the moment it looks like a 4-star hotel in Gloucester, details to follow very shortly.

Jmc

Thanks for clarifying JMc, there was I thinking it was going to be camping in a muddy field somewhere. Sounds great!
Happyjack (Mike)

Offline SteveB

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: XCX & F650
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2018, 07:37:48 PM »
Hi folks,

I'm in for this one and just booked and paid for my reservation at the Hallmark.

My wife is away on a hen do in Majorca from the 9th so may have a fun twisty journey down via Snowdonia with an overnight stay in Wales on the Thursday night or come straight down from Manchester via Oulton Park, Horseshoe Pass (Llangollen) on the Friday.
SteveB

jaffa1963

Offline jimmy60

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 12 Blk Tiger 800
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2018, 11:36:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bazza [+]
Hi folks,

It's with great sadness that I'm writing to tell you that Barry Harper passed away yesterday evening. It's Dan Harper, Barry's son, writing from his old account.

I believe he was known as "Bazza" in these parts, since meeting many of you throughout 2017. Bazza took delivery of his shiny new Tiger XRT on his 63rd birthday, on January 5th 2017. He spent several weekends with folks from this community, including riding the Yorkshire dales. One fond memory he shared with me was getting lost on that particular ride out - the sweeper somehow missed him after he took a wrong turn. Which resulted in Bazza eventually realising, turning back and haring along until the sweeper sees the XRT's lights in his mirrors, before welcoming him back to the run!

By definition he only knew you all for less than a year, but always came back from the rides full of stories, good laughs and raving about the next ride out. Hence wanting to get in touch and let you all know.

Bazza had a long term lung condition which meant he wasn't going to make it to an old age, but made the most of his biking years until (almost) the very end. He spent the last couple of months at Bart's hospital in London, and passed away peacefully last night surrounded by his family.

Bazza would have been honoured if any of you would be able to attend his funeral. I'll post details on here in due course. It will be held close to Upminster, Essex for those that may want to travel.

On a final note - as you might have guessed, I'm the "Son of Bazza" that Dad described in one of his earlier posts on this thread. Whilst Bazza won't be able to join you for this year's Megameet, I hope to come along and meet some of those that he spoke so highly of.

Dan ("Son of Bazza")

Dan, I am very sorry to hear of the passing of your father. Talked with him some last year and rode out of the Yorkshire meet and down the motorway a while with him.  Seemed a decent and very nice man. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.
Time and tide wait for no man.

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2018, 01:13:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by SteveB [+]
Hi folks,

I'm in for this one and just booked and paid for my reservation at the Hallmark.

My wife is away on a hen do in Majorca from the 9th so may have a fun twisty journey down via Snowdonia with an overnight stay in Wales on the Thursday night or come straight down from Manchester via Oulton Park, Horseshoe Pass (Llangollen) on the Friday.

I'm not sure what route we'll take, probably cut across to the A49 and down through the Marches, if you're heading through Middlewich to Oulton Park, it's a long way round to go to the Horseshoe Pass and then swing back round onto the A49, or A483 and if you take the latter you may find yourself in convoy with Healdem  :156:

Anyone planning taking the M6 from north of Brum (for whatever reason) will need to get to the M5 interchange before lunchtime latest, Friday afternoon is a mare, also need to look out for 50mph average speed Smart Motorway roadworks J19-J16 and variable speed limit Smart Motorway section around J10 (both rear facing, bike catching speed enforcement cameras)

Online healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2018, 01:19:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
I'm not sure what route we'll take, probably cut across to the A49 and down through the Marches, if you're heading through Middlewich to Oulton Park, it's a long way round to go to the Horseshoe Pass and then swing back round onto the A49, or A483 and if you take the latter you may find yourself in convoy with Healdem  :156:

...am I that predictable  :492:

I was planning on A483 Newtown to crossgates though  :138: It is an option to go through Vrynwy towards Dollgellau if time permits....

Offline SteveB

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: XCX & F650
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2018, 07:59:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]

I'd probably head over Warburton Bridge, Lymm and Stretton and then down the A49 towards Oulton and then over to Wales.

It is a bit of a diversion but I love riding round North Wales and didn't want to go straight down to Gloucester when I have most of the day to get there. I may get up really early and head over to Betws-y-Coed or Bala and Vrnwy or head towards  Dolgellau and run down the Mach Loop to see if there are any fighters overhead. Whatever I do I'm going to have fun.

Can't wait to meet you all again.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 08:02:46 PM by SteveB »
SteveB

jaffa1963

Online Watty2016

• Tiger Member
« Reply #56 on: Yesterday at 05:57:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by tigeruss [+]
Hi Guys,
Haven't been on the forum for ages. I'm definitely interested

1. Stevie.P
2. Rozzer.
3. Zaphod
4. Fac191
5. Wullie
6. Alunr
7. StewartG
8. Dilbert & Mrs D
9. Dallewed
10. Mrs Dallewed
11.  Ghostbreeder
12. Bazza
13. Son of Bazza (Dan)
14. DerChef
15. Big G
16. Chris1bev + Son
17. Biscut1975
18. Healdem
19 jimmy60
20. Tigeruss
21.Watty2016

I hope it is not too late to add myself on this one, as I havent done one of these meets yet, so thought lets have a go.
Live for today and ride until tomorrow.

Online Happyjack

• Tiger Member
« Reply #57 on: Yesterday at 09:17:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by Happyjack [+]

1. Stevie.P
2. Rozzer.
3. Zaphod
4. Fac191
5. Wullie
6. Alunr
7. StewartG
8. Dilbert & Mrs D
9. Dallewed
10. Mrs Dallewed
11.  Ghostbreeder
12. Bazza
13. Son of Bazza (Dan)
14. DerChef
15. Big G
16. Chris1bev + Son
17. Biscut1975
18. Healdem
19 jimmy60
20. Tigeruss
21. Happyjack
22. Watty
So, to answer an earlier unanswered question, whats the crack with accomodation? Camping? B&B? 5 star hotel?
Thats brilliant Watty, only you left me off  :003:
Happyjack

Online Watty2016

• Tiger Member
« Reply #58 on: Yesterday at 09:34:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Happyjack [+]
Thats brilliant Watty, only you left me off  :003:
Happyjack

:430:
Sorry about that
Live for today and ride until tomorrow.

Online Happyjack

• Tiger Member
« Reply #59 on: Today at 07:50:22 PM »
No worries mate!
Look forward to meeting up with everybody.

Happyjack

Recent Topics