Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: multi bike policy  (Read 3449 times)

Offline Mattytiger800

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: tiger 800 abs
multi bike policy
« on: October 21, 2017, 08:47:05 AM »
hi all,
Has anyone else got a multi bike policy? I have a tiger 800 which I have 8 years ncb on the policy and Im going to get a bmw with side car that I want to have on the same policy. Which insurance companies are best for multi bike policies? Im new to having multiple bikes.
Professional tinkerer, novice green laner and arm chair racer

Offline steve@lincs

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
Re: multi bike policy
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 09:30:17 AM »
Norwich union used to do a true multi bike policy years ago.

It seems that although insurance companies say they sell multi bike policies you pay for each one individually, so I only insure my bikes which are ' on the road ".

I'd be interested to find out the answer too

Offline Mattytiger800

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: tiger 800 abs
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 09:53:27 AM »
once I find that answer I will share it. I know that you cant use your no claims across two bikes so am wondering what the alternatives are.
Professional tinkerer, novice green laner and arm chair racer

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 10:54:05 AM »
I have a Carole Nash multi bike policy, reasonably priced and they seem OK from a customer service POV

The old Norwich Union Rider policies were great  :002:
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline Nick_2112

• Tiger Master
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 11:19:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
I have a Carole Nash multi bike policy, reasonably priced and they seem OK from a customer service POV

The old Norwich Union Rider policies were great  :002:

I'm same as this, .....although in the case of the old NU multibike policy, you could ride any bike (can't remember if you had to own it) up to the cc level you chose, ie up to 900cc for eg.

CN do more than one bike on a single policy but you have to name the bikes. I have found no problems with 2 bikes with CN.

Offline Retrobate

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800 XRx
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 02:05:38 PM »
I've been with bemoto for a couple of years now :152:

They are bike savvie and talk you through everything, including modifications without trying to rip you off.

www.bemoto.uk or 01733 907000

Good quotes and no hassle for multi bikes, give them a try.

Offline samsgrandad

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 roadie
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 07:54:21 PM »
Usually the premium for a second bike is not too bad PROVIDED that you are the only named rider for both bikes, also the fact that you have a side car attached is likely to reduce the premium by about 50% on that bike, best thing is to phone your existing insurers and ask.

How old is the BMW? Is it old enough to go on a classic policy, with a sidecar the premium for limited mileage would probably be quite modest.

Offline rjamestaylor

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2017 Xrt
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 11:10:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mattytiger800 [+]
hi all,
Has anyone else got a multi bike policy? I have a tiger 800 which I have 8 years ncb on the policy and Im going to get a bmw with side car that I want to have on the same policy. Which insurance companies are best for multi bike policies? Im new to having multiple bikes.

I have 3 bike (in .sig below). When I added the new/financed Tiger 800 on Saturday, GEICO jumped from $492/yr for full-coverage for the Vulcan, towing, and just liability for the used Wee, to 1533/yr!! Holy what?

So, I called a local agent for AllState whom I met at the Pacific Northwest's Oyster Run last summer and she ran a full information quote, included comprehensive for all bikes, collision, better liability (300,000/100,000), replacement coverage, farkle coverage, helmet coverage... total for the year? $535 (I had a speeding ticket 2 years ago, so the premium rose a bit).

I switched! The agent I used is "Freedom Road Insurance, LLC" in Bremerton, WA, email freedomroad@allstate.com. But, is sounded like the agent just used the underwriting tool AllState offers their agents.
MC Endorsed since 2017-08
Tiger 800 Xrt (2017) obtained 2018-01-27
Miles ridden on all bikes as of Jan 2018: 6000
Also Own: Vulcan 900 (2016), V-Strom 650 (2004)
Favorite rides: Big Island of Hawaii, Olympic Peninsula, Leavenworth loop, SEAPortland, ORSunset BeachSEA

Offline SteveB

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XCX & F650
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 07:08:30 AM »
I have a multi-bike policy for my Tiger 800 XCX and BMW F650. Currently with Bennetts for 200 for the year and 60 additional for European breakdown and recovery, legal cover and helmet and leathers.
SteveB

jaffa1963

Offline PapaTom

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Blue XRx (Gen2)
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 09:12:15 AM »
Hi all.
I have a 6 wheel policy with Carole Nash.
My car and 4 bikes.
All insured fully comp for the road, home and abroad.
Full EU breakdown cover. Handy when 3 of the bikes are over 50.
Had an accident in 2011 and they really looked after me.
They will price match if possible.
👍

Recent Topics

winded-staunch