Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: local dealer, cretin sales staff  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Bill in Oz

• Tiger Pro
  • Bill in Oz
  • Bike: Tiger 800ABS 201
local dealer, cretin sales staff
« on: November 02, 2017, 01:13:01 AM »
Went into our local major dealer today. They represent a number of brands, anyone in Vic will know who I am talking about.
For a number of reasons, health being the main one, I am selling my Tiger, as it is just too top heavy for me. Explained this to the business manager, who understood. We talked street triples, MV B3 675 etc (I know, but they are beautiful!!). He gets a sales man to "help me out". 20 yrs old, oleaginous smile, typical smug little know-it-all who knows stuff all.
The BM explained everything so this twat starts off suggesting a Z900 - 200+kg of bike. Great start eh! I'd already told him small, light, fast 100 hp and 150 kg, but no matter, obviously one of the mouth breathing variety that needs a few attempts to understand. So I go to look at the perfect MV, even the right price. I am sitting on it, dreaming, and he wanders over with the insouciant slouch of the mentally stultified and suggests -- wait for it

KTM690.
What, says I.
Oh, perfect for you, 70 hp and 170 kg.
slow as a wet weekend, says I.
Wow, he says, you don't rate them. Then gave the eye roll of surprise that I should dare reject his suggestion.
He then walked off to serve someone else and could not be bothered to come back. So, after 10 minutes waiting I walked out, telling the BM on the way that the cretin boy could go f himself.
Seriously, are these people so stupid. or is it that they have been told to push one model?
Ah, well, rant over, thanks for listening.

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
Re: local dealer, cretin sales staff
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 04:27:15 AM »
The best thing any salesman can do is keep his mouth shut and listen.
Have a look at Whitehouse Motorcycles in Albury they sell Triumph so would probably be keen on a trade and have other brands as well and are a lot better on the listening side of things if there is anything their that interests you. I know its a day to get there and back but they did me a terrific deal on my first Tiger. Gave me a good trade sight unseen and we did the whole deal over the phone. Never signed a thing and never even paid a deposit.

Offline Bill in Oz

• Tiger Pro
  • Bill in Oz
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 05:21:52 AM »
Agreed, but I really don't have the time, and not even convinced I want another Triumph as they are imported by - guess who - Triumph Australia. Of course, you know who owns them, don't you.
The less cash I can put into that mob's pockets, the better! They almost own bikes in Vic and are just thieves. Went to their dandenong branch this arvo to look at street triple trade in. They offered an insultingly low price on my bike and then tried to pretend it was a) a good price and b) they were discounting the new bike. Pack of utter lies. The price he quoted was printed on the sales sticker and he actually tried to pretend he was offering me a discount. Does he think I can't read? Just because I talk slowly does not mean I am a demented moron with an IQ measured in millimetric increments. They have absolutely lived down to their name and reputation today - cheatin' Thievens.

Offline Turbo100

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRt
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 11:02:54 AM »
It's my experience that dealers are probably the same the world over, both Motorcycle and car. The 3 Triumph dealers in my area I wouldn't give them my Suffolk Colt lawn mower to service  :110:
I'm Not As Old As I Once Was !!

Offline Tigerider

• Tiger Pro
  • Just another day for another ride!
  • Bike: Tiger ABS
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 01:04:14 PM »
Hey Bill, whatever the outcome, you gave me something to smile about today with your Aussie repartee!!!
Such a better way to bastardize the English language than what the feckin' Yanks do to it!!!

Also, l feel your frustration mate, & why is it that the youth of today have this unwarranted arrogance about them/...(maybe been watching too many Yank soap operas!)

Try an e mail to the GM of your local 'bike store, that usually works wonders, seriously, & you get the smug satisfaction that kid with the " oleaginous smile " (*I had to look up that word!) will maybe get it wiped off his air breathing mouth pretty soon!

Good luck, & keep on smilin'  (but not oleaginously!) :031:

*http://groupthink.kinja.com/i-just-discovered-the-best-word-oleaginous-1491258287
Call me Dave

Offline T-Rever

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 07:46:53 PM »
'Bill' keep us posted, my 'Tiger' is getting top heavy, or am I getting older!!! Will be looking for a lighter replacement sooner or later.Good luck in your search...

Offline Bill in Oz

• Tiger Pro
  • Bill in Oz
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 02:32:53 AM »
Thanks guys. Love the comment re the Suffolk Colt. I remember them from my youth. I am putting a call in to the sales manager, not so much to get the mouth breather in trouble, but more because I think that little MV may just be the right bike, so I want to go in and see if I can get the deal.
I'll keep you informed.
Cheers, Bill.

Offline Bill in Oz

• Tiger Pro
  • Bill in Oz
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 07:32:41 PM »
Well I did a deal. Chopped the Tiger for e new Bonnie 900 T100 black (matte) edition. Don't know if its the right bike, but it looks great, rides very smoothly, is less aggressive in traffic and the weight is lower down so overall is much easier to manoeuvre for me.
I collect it this afternoon I hope, so will keep you posted, even though I am now officially a deserter haha. I may not end up collecting today, given that we are due t/storms and that may not be ideal conditions in which to collect a brand new bike.
Cheers for now, Bill.

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 08:09:12 PM »
Congratulations.
I had one for a day as a loaner when my Tiger was in for service at one stage. A fun bike to scoot around the Dandenongs on and I can see that thy would be good in traffic.
Fingers crossed on the weather. Its brilliant up here at the moment no wind no clouds and nice sunshine.

Offline Bill in Oz

• Tiger Pro
  • Bill in Oz
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 08:18:51 PM »
Yes, I think it will suit me now. I can't do fast anymore and just need to go steady and enjoy. Weather here is also great - but storms etc predicted for this afternoon, 1 through 4, just when I am due to collect. I do not want to leave it later as then I hit peak hour, They are in abbotsford, so Punt Rd/Hoddle St Fri night hmmm.
Anyway, thanks for your thoughts and why are you up so early?

Recent Topics