Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: local dealer, cretin sales staff  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Turbo100

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRt
Re: local dealer, cretin sales staff
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2017, 07:48:23 PM »
Bill in Oz
Your fun has only just started, the gearbox will become much smoother and the engine will soon know what it has to do and get on with it. Took mine about 1k before it freed up and settled in.
I'm Not As Old As I Once Was !!

Offline Bill in Oz

• Tiger Pro
  • Bill in Oz
  • Bike: Tiger 800ABS 201
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2017, 11:38:15 PM »
Thanks. I am really looking forward to getting out. Not today sadly as we have our annual Xmas party at home - catch up with the friends you only see once a year!. However, tomorrow looks as though it should be a grand day here, so I will be off.
Cheers for now, Bill.

Offline Grumps

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 800 Xca
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2017, 12:58:00 PM »
I really can't understand how many of my local Triumph dealers are not that interested in following up a tentative idea of trading my Tex for another 800.

If I get a minute or two that's about it. They must be very busy!

On the other hand a guy at Chesterfield really worked hard with videos and calls when my son wanted a 1050GT last year. I' might give him another call.
2018 Xca. BMW K1600GTL. Suzuki GT380

If money can't buy happiness - explain motorbikes and beer

Offline Bill in Oz

• Tiger Pro
  • Bill in Oz
  • Bike: Tiger 800ABS 201
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2017, 05:38:07 PM »
it is tough, I don't get it either. As you say, must be very busy. However, I can state that the "oleaginous cretin" to whom I referred in my first post, was definitely not busy, but definitely was a cretin haha!

Offline DonVulpes

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800XRT
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2018, 08:08:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by Grumps [+]
I really can't understand how many of my local Triumph dealers are not that interested in following up a tentative idea of trading my Tex for another 800.

If I get a minute or two that's about it. They must be very busy!

On the other hand a guy at Chesterfield really worked hard with videos and calls when my son wanted a 1050GT last year. I' might give him another call.

As I'm sure you already know, most BM dealers have this all sown up.

I was looking at a K1600GT before I plumped for the Roadie and without exception, the dealers I spoke to couldn't be more helpful. When you're in the sales game and times are tough, you'd think the dealers would reallu up their game... :112:
Doesn't matter where I'm going, getting there on two wheels is always the better option.

Offline SteveB

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XCX & F650
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2018, 06:26:46 PM »
Got to say I love Triumphs but my local BMW dealer is head and shoulders better. I only go in there occasionally to get the odd part for my 19 year old F650 and they treat me brilliantly.

I've bought two Triumphs and my son has bought 2 bikes from my local Triumph dealer and although they are pleasant enough I never feel like they'd put themselves out for me.
SteveB

jaffa1963

Offline DonVulpes

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800XRT
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2018, 08:22:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by SteveB [+]
Got to say I love Triumphs but my local BMW dealer is head and shoulders better. I only go in there occasionally to get the odd part for my 19 year old F650 and they treat me brilliantly.

I've bought two Triumphs and my son has bought 2 bikes from my local Triumph dealer and although they are pleasant enough I never feel like they'd put themselves out for me.

Sadly I found a serious drop is service levels with my last Triumph dealer, which is why they no longer get my business.
No excuse for the awful service too, so it's just down to being lazy and/or not listening to the customer.

Luckily I'm close to another excellent dealer, so I bought the Roadie from them.

Best thing you can do with good/bad service is vote with your feet and wallet. They soon learn or go under.

I really feel for people who have a very limited choice of dealers locally ( or even in the same state in some cases )
Doesn't matter where I'm going, getting there on two wheels is always the better option.

Recent Topics