Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Heated Seats, Waste of Time  (Read 7268 times)

Offline Jacknzone

• Tiger Member
  • Jacknzone
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger XR
Re: Heated Seats, Waste of Time
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 06:45:16 AM »
Well only the heated seat is a waste of time ?
My XRT has heated grips and heated seats , Bike 9 months old . I'm having trouble with the TMPS and it's still on going !! My heated grip only warm up and sometime get hot but soon go back to only warm . Next thing what happen you can only switch them on by switching on the main rider heat seat and then I had to turn on the pillion heat seat to get the grips to work but they stopped working not even warm and now when I turn on the pillion heated seat the main heated seat heats up to a point I have to turn the pillion heated seat off  again .
So if you can switch the seat on to heat up the seat and it's only warm you still doing better than me

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 07:21:16 AM »
Dear god, what has the world come to. 'They' still think bikers are roughty toughty men (and women), fear nowt, do anything,hards as nails, rebellious to the core.

...And here we are discussing heated seats, and whether they get your botty toasty or not. Have you no shame. Its not just yourselves you are letting down. Its not just Tiger 800 riders you are lettingg down. Its all riders. You being shame on us all :211:

...wonder if you can fit heated seats to a 2011Tiger 800 ABS  :492:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 07:22:55 AM by healdem »

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 07:51:38 AM »
When I leave my bike in the sun in 40C+ temps for a couple of hours the seat gets so hot you could just about fry an egg on it.

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 800
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 08:34:21 AM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
When I leave my bike in the sun in 40C+ temps for a couple of hours the seat gets so hot you could just about fry an egg on it.

Looking out the window here in Scotland, sleet and rain (get someone to explain "sleet") so you can B******r off  :001: :001: :001: :001:

Offline Jacknzone

• Tiger Member
  • Jacknzone
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger XR
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2018, 08:54:12 AM »
*Originally Posted by healdem [+]
Dear god, what has the world come to. 'They' still think bikers are roughty toughty men (and women), fear nowt, do anything,hards as nails, rebellious to the core.

...And here we are discussing heated seats, and whether they get your botty toasty or not. Have you no shame. Its not just yourselves you are letting down. Its not just Tiger 800 riders you are lettingg down. Its all riders. You being shame on us all :211:

...wonder if you can fit heated seats to a 2011Tiger 800 ABS  :492:

Ha Ha We not rebellious Bikers we are on Tiger 800 !!!
Mate if they worked Correctly I would be very happy having warm hands and a toasty bum and what would make things even better is seeing a rider with no gloves  and the temp is 10 C but at the moment I'm only one step better I've got the gloves

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 09:42:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by mcinlb [+]
Looking out the window here in Scotland, sleet and rain (get someone to explain "sleet") so you can B******r off  :001: :001: :001: :001:

Sleet?
Yep been there

That is when the local girls go swimming. What do Scots do?

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 800
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2018, 09:50:14 AM »
H, Ha, like it....

But, generally, if you need heated seats , I'm not going out.... :151:

Offline Gasman

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 10:39:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by Jamesl [+]
I've been thinking about getting one as I've had to defrost my seat a few times already.

Is it worth just sticking OEM or any sensible upgrades? I don't find the stock seat that uncomfortable but I rode an enduro bike before this
Kill 2 birds with 1 stone get a heated Sargent 12 settings and comfy to boot but expensive.

Offline steve@lincs

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2018, 01:18:34 PM »
+1 for the feeling of wetting myself with heated car seats,   And i dont even have a prostate gland to blame! ( a timely reminder to thank the DGR efforts)     my point being that never having used a heated bike seat i cant imagine they would be too necesary, my bum was never the coldest thing in the days when i only had a bike as transport in winter       ps just seen the date of thi post as november.... proof that i dont get hot and bothered about heated seats on bikes !    Steve

Offline NeoHurricane

• Tiger Member
  • Live, Love & Respect
  • Bike: '18 Tiger 800XRT
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2018, 08:08:31 PM »
firstly I'm loving the puns keep 'em coming ...    :008:

butt anyway I have just started riding my XRt with my textile suit and base layer and went out on Sunday when it was 2-5 degrees C and that and the heated grips kept me toastie warm (I feel the cold) 100% thumbs up from me.

Recent Topics