Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Noisy engine, 2016 Tiger xcx  (Read 1314 times)

Offline ajaybiz

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCX
Noisy engine, 2016 Tiger xcx
« on: November 13, 2017, 08:31:25 AM »
My 2016 April Tiger xcx is having engine noise from the day I bought it, initially the service adviser told me that it will disappear post first service, which didn't happen, and they washed their hands stating this is how triple cylinder works.
Again after hearing sound from other tigers I approached them for the same issue but by that time I have already clocked 5k KMS. They just did some clutch adjustment and told me it's all fine.
I clocked another 5 K kms and went for 10k kms service and told them about the noise but it was not rectified.
The noise became even louder after clocking 12k kms and I approached the senior guys at service station, they suspected timing chain and asked me to ride till the chain and other timing components arrives.
By the time they called me back I have clocked 16k kms, they took 3 weeks of time to fix the chain and test the bike, post that I was advised to ride for 300 kms to check if everything is normal. My observation on day one was, bike starts at silent mode but after heating up again the noise appears. Post 17K kms again I gave bike to them as couple of more tigers had same issue, surprisingly the other tiger developed even more noise after new timing chain and cam chain tension-er. Now both bikes are sitting at service station as the country head of Triumph engine line said it's nothing unusual and the noise is just coz of tolerance level of components from different lot, and there's no  issue with the bike.
I have refused to pick the bike from dealership till they sort out the issue, but I am really worried as Triumph India denied the issue and not ready to do anything on bike.

All tigers must be curious about the noise, so let me explain you, it sounds like loose timing chain and more valve clearance which results in noisy tak tak tak tak sound, over all it sounds like chainsaw.

Any one faced similar issue in past and what was the root cause.         

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
Re: Noisy engine, 2016 Tiger xcx
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 01:30:49 AM »
It's a fairly straightforward task to check your valve clearance (shims) , and in the process make sure your timing marks on the cams are set  accurately and the timing chain tension is set correctly.  There is a MuddySump video explaining the procedure if your so inclined. The 'tak tak' sound you describe would lead me to a check of the valve clearances. A stethoscope is sometimes useful in locating a noise source.

Laterally unstable unless moving.

Offline ajaybiz

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 02:47:56 AM »
Thanks for the quick and short one mate, it seems very small task but these guys claiming to be a trained technician are unable to do that small thing, let me show them the video.

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 02:32:52 PM »
If it's under warranty, it's up to the dealer to sort it, not diy. These 800 motors are sweetest sounding Triumph motor I've had to date.

I would write to Triumph UK if I couldn't get satisfaction from a dealer & have done in the past, all was sorted by the Technical & warranty dept.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline ajaybiz

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 02:36:21 PM »
Can I have the UK triumph mail ID please as this long endless wait and no proper answer from the dealer is killing my interest in riding  😔

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 03:03:19 PM »
Just checked the UK website, it says you must contact the distributor in your own country.

Contacting Triumph
Our dealers are as passionate as we are about helping you get the most out of your ride.
But were all part of the family, so if you want to contact us at head office:
Triumph Motorcycles (India) Private Limited
2nd Floor, Wing-A, Commercial Plaza
Radisson Hotel, NH-8
Mahipalpur, New Delhi
India

Contact e mail ID customer.care@triumphmotorcycles.in
Toll Free number - 18003 00000 51

Offline ajaybiz

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 04:48:48 PM »
Thanks for your effort, I have contacted them and they redirected me to the dealer and dealership is not having technician who can fix this issue, looks like I am back to the same square

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 04:59:27 PM »
That is bad customer service. You could try contacting Triumph UK & relay your experience, they may be aware of the problem you have.

For technical assistance or warranty:
In the first instance we ask that you contact your Triumph-authorised dealer directly. If you have done this and your dealer has not been able to help you, please email after.sales@triumph.co.uk, outlining the nature of the problem and quoting the last 6 digits of your motorcycle Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) (frame number) and the name of the dealer you have visited (we regret no action can be taken regarding warranty unless your motorcycle has been inspected by an authorised Triumph dealership).

Please note this email is applicable to the UK and Ireland only. We regret we cannot assist with warranty queries for bikes registered overseas.

For general enquiries you may wish to first visit our Frequently Asked Questions section.  Customers can write to us at Triumph Motorcycles Ltd, Harrowbrook Road, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 3DJ.

Offline ajaybiz

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 05:03:54 PM »
One mail I have copied to them and they also redirected to the dealer, I am expecting a call from the dealer next week, if still they come up with same old excuse I will write back to the after sales ID again that dealer over here in of no help, let's see how things goes

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 05:05:37 PM »
Good luck with it.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch