Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Triumph Factory Tour - Highly Recommended  (Read 1555 times)

Offline Turbo100

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRt
Triumph Factory Tour - Highly Recommended
« on: November 19, 2017, 08:21:36 PM »
We went to the Triumph factory today to go on the factory tour. My wife bought me the tickets for my birthday.
Highly recommended, both the 15 1.5 hours guided tour and the free to enter Triumph Experience museum.
The factory is amazing, it's huge. The very friendly informative guide shows you all the aspects from delivery of all the bought in products, all machining of cranks, cases, cams, all the assembly to the totally finished bike packed up ready for shipping.
Predominantly at the moment it seems all models of the Tiger 1200 are being assembled.

We stayed overnight Saturday at the Jurys Hotel at Hinckley, about 3 miles from the factory. Unknown to us until we walked, in its very Triumph orientated, new Thruxton on the bar, display cabinets with petrol tanks, shocks etc, pictures all around the room, even the room service menu has "Triumph" on the front cover, excellent advertising. Very nice, clean modern hotel with pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, all for 82 double room with breakfast.

Excellent weekend highly recommended.
I'm Not As Old As I Once Was !!

Offline Shergar

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
Re: Triumph Factory Tour - Highly Recommended
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 09:22:16 PM »
I was there today as well - for the 10.30 tour - went on my XRT and have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised at how warm I still felt when I got there seeing as it was about 2 degrees when I left Northampton

Have to agree, the tour is very interesting, would have been good to see the lines running though but a weekday visit was always going to be difficult for me.

Museum part is also excellent, all in all a very pleasant morning.

Offline Turbo100

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRt
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 09:35:24 PM »
We went on the 12.30 tour, we arrived at 10 and did the museum first. You must have walked past us waiting to go in.
If I had booked them I would have gone on a working day but my wife mistakingly thought they would be working 7 days a week. Haven't told her I was a little disappointed they were a surprise prezzie, would have like to see the plant working, but what the hell, still enjoyed it.
I'm Not As Old As I Once Was !!

Offline kbar800

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2012 800 Road
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 12:19:20 PM »

Sorry to use this topic again  ( 2017 ) - but its the only link when I searched the Factory Tour

I'm going on the 8th of  Feb , so any  recommendations anyone  who has been recent ?

Also we are  stopping in the Nuneaton Travelodge for a couple of nights - anywhere else worth visiting nearby - National Motorcycle museum ?   - or shopping centre for the other half ?

Thanks
Never lose your  Childhood enthusiasm

Offline grizzlybear

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: tiger 800 ABS
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 12:23:00 PM »
The National War Cemetery is worth a visit

http://www.thenma.org.uk/

Lest we forget :003:
Safe Riding
Dave( Grizzlybear) honda 125T,  Z650C2, GPZ750, GTR1000, VX800, VN1500 ,tiger800 and loads of C90`s  :)

Offline Bikertone7

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Road
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 03:58:37 PM »
Its a great tour we came down from Cumbria and did it in November also on a Sunday when nothing was happening but the guide is excellent. The only downside was at the end of the tour when we saw two brand new completed bikes one a Thruxton R that had been built purely to test the assembly line process. As this bore no vin or engine numbers the bike was not to be sold, exhibited or dismantled but was destined to be crushed and totally destroyed!!  Well worth a visit.
Other Bikes: 1968 Triumph TR6 650cc (american export model), 1991 Transalp XL600V (everyday runabout), 1979 Kawasaki KL250 Trail Bike project.

Offline Silverstripes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 06:56:00 PM »
I went in October. Great day out. Big machines doing stuff.

But they told me my 2018 XRT was made in Thailand  :087:
It wasn't me !!

Offline grizzlybear

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: tiger 800 ABS
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 07:36:40 PM »
I know the feeling
Safe Riding
Dave( Grizzlybear) honda 125T,  Z650C2, GPZ750, GTR1000, VX800, VN1500 ,tiger800 and loads of C90`s  :)

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 08:17:39 PM »
Low volume Hinckley. High volume Thailand.
Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline tcbandituk

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2018 XRt
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 08:40:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
Low volume Hinckley. High volume Thailand.

According to the guy showing us round the factory last year, it was Low bikes Thailand, High bikes Hinckley due to height differences between the nationalities  :001:
2015 Bonneville Speedchurch
2018 Speed Triple RS
2018 Tiger 800 XRt

TC Drag Bike

Recent Topics

winded-staunch