Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Arrows can and map and mpg  (Read 4591 times)

Offline Triton

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: Arrows can and map and mpg
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2018, 04:31:14 PM »
This is a bit of a late addition for this thread, but I bought a 2016 XRx last year, but I did not like the sound...though it was overly muted and "sterile".
I researched aftermarket cans, and went for MTC (oval, single outlet in titanium)- it was easy to fit and much much lighter that stock.  It also gave a decent soundtrack, even with removal baffle fitted.
When first fitted there was a definite reduction in performance, as well as increase in fuel consumption, however after a few rides over a few days, the bike seemed to re-map itself and fuel consumption returned to high 50's low 60's mpg.  This was with no manual re-map.
Hope this helps.

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2018, 09:29:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by chuckxc [+]
WRT aftermarket exhausts, am I missing something? Happy to be corrected, but for the high cost of these cans, I can't see the return-on-investment. What significant advantage does say, an Arrow can have over an OEM?
Interested to hear from someone that has found any measurable significant improvement in performance or running costs.

Over 1300 views later, I can probably summarize this question in saying overall there is either equal or worse overall fuel consumption, little if any  power improvement, weight reduction on certain aftermarket cans, but the main reason the big buck are spent seems to be because folks like the sound. The term 'aural sex' seems to be the preferred description.

Laterally unstable unless moving.

Offline b12bandit

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 roadie
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2018, 10:13:35 AM »
Same here. My son put a Fuel F1R can on our 2013 roadie. Too chuffin loud for my old ears but he likes it. Bike is due for a Muddysump service in three weeks time. Can Dave work his magic on the ecu and adjust the fuelling to suit the race can?
'You can't lie to a nun'

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2018, 11:02:24 AM »
If there is a map for that specific can he could. Otherwise you really need to put it on the Dyno to set up a new map.  Probably not worth the time and expense
Laterally unstable unless moving.

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 800
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2018, 06:10:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
Have a look here for some options
http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/tiger-800-tuning-thread.1054217/

I've been running the 20767/20769 Hybrid Map now for a few thousand and I'm quite happy with it
Don't ask me what the MPG is, I don't check it  -as such - but I get much better than 160 to a tank full

Just downloaded the hybrid map after having fitted an Arrow end can, will run it out tomorrow to see how it feels,  :001:

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2018, 04:24:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by mcinlb [+]
Just downloaded the hybrid map after having fitted an Arrow end can, will run it out tomorrow to see how it feels,  :001:

Well. definitely smoother and seems more responsive to the throttle, less snatchyness(is that a word?) at low revs, oh and did I mention smoother. :002: :002:

Offline ThaiRider

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2015 XCx
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2018, 06:18:56 AM »
I have a 2015 800 XCx and have been running a Leo Vinci Evo II silencer for a couple of years with the Arrow Triumph tune.

My Triumph dealer has updated the tune a couple of times for improvements made to the low speed running.

I also chopped the removable baffle in half to get a bit more sound (but not too much).

Ive done around 8k miles and regularly get around 52 mpg.

I'm amazed guys report massive reductions in mileage with Arrow tunes ... could it be differences between the Triumph and other tunes people seem to be using - if ive understood correctly?

Rob   :002:
The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... You have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, I know that sounds silly, but it's true - Valentino Rossi

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2018, 08:16:34 AM »
I filled up with fuel before I set out yesterday and reset the trip, will se what mpg I am getting when I next refill. Avg mpg is around 50 on the dash, but will check that...

Recent Topics

winded-staunch