Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: service cost's  (Read 6291 times)

Offline Mista_Vern

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
Re: service cost's
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 10:39:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tiger Balm [+]
I did say some would want to argue about it..........
Clown....take it lying down eh?

Offline Tiger Balm

• Tiger Jedi
  • South East UK
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 11:05:02 AM »
Thats taken from the UK site, I will check US and see what is says. I remember some talk about this, but think the "make sure you use original parts and take to a VAT garage" only apply to cars and not motorcycles here.
XC in White on the road...(and off)

Offline Tiger Balm

• Tiger Jedi
  • South East UK
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 11:15:36 AM »

The US website does not have warranty conditions as the UK site, has terms and conditions and warranty not mentuioned in them, but elsewhere as below

"English (United States) 

All new Triumph motorcycles are covered by a 24 month unlimited mileage warranty. 

Visit your local Triumph dealer for more technical information and warranty details.

Copyright Triumph Motorcycles 2008
Privacy Statement Terms & Conditions Triumph worldwideTop of Page "

XC in White on the road...(and off)

Offline david1979

• Tiger Member
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 08:12:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by healdem [+]
condition 3
The machine must have been serviced by an authorised Triumph dealer, at the intervals specified in the Triumph Owners Handbook and the service log completed accordingly.

Thats true.  One of the guys i work with had a triumph scrambler and couldnt get something done on warranty because he does his own servicing.  Even though he is a qualified bike mechanic too.

Offline Beemie

• Tiger Member
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 02:32:59 AM »
There is no competing with BMW costs.
Those Germans get too damned much vacation!

Offline hANNAbONE

• Tiger Master
  • .......patiently waiting.......
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 11:59:58 AM »
I believe that the US allows for servicing your own scoot whether BMW / Trumpy / etc.
Some kinda cool law that allows for it.
You'd better have perfect service records if something happens though....jus' sayin'

*Originally Posted by Tiger Balm [+]

The US website does not have warranty conditions as the UK site, has terms and conditions and warranty not mentuioned in them, but elsewhere as below

"English (United States) 

All new Triumph motorcycles are covered by a 24 month unlimited mileage warranty. 

Visit your local Triumph dealer for more technical information and warranty details.

Copyright Triumph Motorcycles 2008
Privacy Statement Terms & Conditions Triumph worldwideTop of Page "

hANNABONE
'07 BMW K12R.sport
'09 Kawa KLR 651 & '11 Trumpy Tiger XC (**soon**)

Offline markbvt

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Bonnie/T800XC
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 11:13:42 PM »
Hannabone's correct -- US consumer protection laws prohibit manufacturers from denying warranty service because maintenance was performed by someone other than the manufacturer's own dealer network. As long as the recommended maintenance was done (even if the owner did it him/herself), the warranty remains in effect.

--mark
2001 Bonneville (caffeinated) / 2003 XR650L / 2011 Tiger 800 XC ABS

Offline hANNAbONE

• Tiger Master
  • .......patiently waiting.......
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 04:26:13 AM »
 :062:  wOOT...I had one correct..!  :046:
hANNABONE
'07 BMW K12R.sport
'09 Kawa KLR 651 & '11 Trumpy Tiger XC (**soon**)

Offline bross

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 04:14:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by markbvt [+]
Hannabone's correct -- US consumer protection laws prohibit manufacturers from denying warranty service because maintenance was performed by someone other than the manufacturer's own dealer network. As long as the recommended maintenance was done (even if the owner did it him/herself), the warranty remains in effect.

--mark
I was told by our service dept that if we didn't have Jodie's Street Triple serviced by them, it would void our warranty. I argued with him for a few minutes but figured it wasn't worth the time or effort. I do all my own servicing and don't plan to change whether the bike is covered or not. That's what living a couple hours away from any dealer will do to you. This is in Canada as well so I don't think we are covered by the same http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%80%93Moss_Warranty_Act law that the US has.

Offline Ollie

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Member
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 04:50:42 AM »
From what I've gathered, though, if you have a GS, with optional computer, a service light will come on which only the dealer have the means to reset.  Am I wrong?

Recent Topics

winded-staunch