Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Tiger 800 / 900 - General Discussion

Standard Risers with ROX Risers

(1/2) > >>

simonsays1962:
Gidday All

Quick question.

Has anyone doubled up with Risers for their XCX
I have fitted a set of Rox Risers to my 2016 XCX, Even when fully turned back towards me,I still feel as though Im reaching for the grips .
I gave a set of 20 mm motech risers from my 2011 XC and was wondering if I can fit these under my RoxRisers ??

cheers and Thx
simon

Geezer:
Im running a 2 inch Rox as well as the 1 inch Triumph riser (Added to the the XCX 2 inch riser) so 3 inches over stock XCX and my bars pulled right back... Its a bit tight on full lock but it works.

Its a shame the handlebar ergonomics on the 800 is the only thing that might make me eventually let the bike go.

I honestly cant imagine what its like on a Roeadie with no risers!

Ivanonghockguan:
Hi hi ...thinking of doing same risers ... did you have to adjust or change the cables , can advise ... thanks.... Ivan . Sunny SIngapore

Fuge:
I just slapped the Rox risers right on top of the standard XCx ones. As noted above the cables were a tad tight, especially at full lock. So, I removed one OEM rubber tie from around the head stock and gave them a jiggle. They have been fine for the last 3 years.

This situation is eased somewhat by having also fitted the Barkbusters which reduce the lock a bit. However, I may have to remove them prior to it's imminent first MoT - when ever that does occur given the current LD situation.

Forgot to mention, I also fitted the GVI Airflow and suspect it's the combination of the two (BBs + Airflow) that reduces the lock.

KildareMan:
Originally Posted by Geezer Im running a 2 inch Rox as well as the 1 inch Triumph riser (Added to the the XCX 2 inch riser) so 3 inches over stock XCX and my bars pulled right back... Its a bit tight on full lock but it works.

Its a shame the handlebar ergonomics on the 800 is the only thing that might make me eventually let the bike go.

I honestly cant imagine what its like on a Roeadie with no risers!

One gets ones man to pop out and purchase a set of XC risers. (+30mm)

Are people aware that the risers are asymmetrical and rotating so the smaller M6 headed bolt is nearest rider brings bars back 20mm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version