Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Spain in March.  (Read 772 times)

Offline Greg

• Tiger Jedi
  • Tiger 800 No2.. Scrambler.. Mahoosive Yamaha
  • Bike: Tiger 800...
Re: Spain in March.
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 07:14:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Orchard Pen [+]
Thanks for the tip Wight Biker! Appreciated.

Top Tip.. :169:
It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.
Hugh Laurie

Offline Wight Biker

• Tiger Pro
  • Never too old to ride.....
  • Bike: Tiger 800 R
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 07:37:00 PM »
You do need patience with the ship's wifi though!!

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 07:43:03 PM »
If you look really carefully, at the router behind the desk at Customer Services, they have their password on a sticker  :169:

It would have been rude not to use it  :001: can't be doing with that 'Internet at Sea' WiFi
Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline Wight Biker

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 07:59:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
If you look really carefully, at the router behind the desk at Customer Services, they have their password on a sticker  :169:

It would have been rude not to use it  :001: can't be doing with that 'Internet at Sea' WiFi

Good to know for the next trip - cheers Rtwo

Offline Orchard Pen

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 03:16:07 PM »
 Hello again everyone.
Right, got the ferry booked for end of March. Going to Bilbao now rather than Santander simply because the sailings worked better for the dates we needed.
Been doing some more research and sticking with a very loose plan to cater for the unpredictable weather. However some areas to base ourselves for a couple of days each, do stand out.
Salamanca and Ronda. I know they are miles apart but weather will dictate where we go.
So really looking for recommendations for hotels in those areas. Nothing too fancy, but would be good if they were based somewhere near a town so we can find some decent local grub nearby.
Also how do you folks find hotels with secure parking? Always select parking on my searches online but could mean anything really couldnt it?
As ever, any advice or recommendations greatly received.
Cheers
Pen.

Offline Wight Biker

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 03:35:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Orchard Pen [+]

Also how do you folks find hotels with secure parking? Always select parking on my searches online but could mean anything really couldnt it?

Don't know how others do it but we use Booking.com and put down parking. Then read the hotel details to make sure it says 'private (or secure) parking on site', rather than 'public parking is nearby'. As a double check we usually have a look on Google Earth and zoom in to try to see what the parking is like. TIP - always include a message in the booking to say you want x? Motorbike parking places. If they charge for parking also say that you only need one parking bay to fit your bikes in. We get 3 bikes into one parking bay easily, sometimes 4.

Last year we originally planned to stay in this hotel in Salamanca but weather led us another way - 42C was a bit too hot for us and we headed to cooler (35C) places.
https://www.booking.com/hotel/es/husaplazadelangel.en-gb.html?aid=931453;label=metahotelscan-hotel-90577;sid=a04383d2247fbcb85424a7501cf6328e;dest_id=-400105;dest_type=city;dist=0;group_adults=3;group_children=0;hapos=1;hpos=1;no_rooms=3;req_adults=3;req_children=0;room1=A%2C;room2=A%2C;room3=A%2C;sb_price_type=total;srepoch=1518622267;srfid=37fccd026e265c99e78546103d42e9092f46e98fX1;srpvid=098e6d1dcb7000e9;type=total;ucfs=1&#hotelTmpl

Have fun.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 03:38:53 PM by Wight Biker »

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 03:45:58 PM »
We have this one booked in Salamanca for later in the year
https://www.booking.com/hotel/es/ronadalba.en-gb.html

If I was around Ronda, I'd simply drop down to the coast for the hotel, besides, the A397 down to Marbella is superb  :169:

Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Recent Topics