Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Touratech screen  (Read 714 times)

Offline mm14

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC
Touratech screen
« on: January 04, 2018, 12:28:08 PM »
Hi,
I am still having problems with buffeting on my Tiger 800 XC. I got the adjustment kit for the standard screen, and also a spoiler - it got better - but I am far away from being happy with it.
Wanted to get the Puig screen - but then heard several people complaining that the built-quality is not that great.

Now I am thinking about getting the Touratech screen. It comes in sizes S and L.
Does anyone have experience with either of them?
I am 180 cm - I guess that is 5 11"; normal body form. I prefer the size of the screen not too big, and it should not destroy the cool looks of the bike. (therefore Madstad is not for me)
Any recommendations?
I appreciate your ideas and experiences!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 12:34:48 PM by mm14 »

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: Touratech screen
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 01:55:27 PM »
Another alternative is the Givi Airflow. I've got one on my XRx, after trying the standard and the touring Triumph ones. I haven't tried the Touratech though. I'm 175cm and if I wanted, I could adjust the screen up by 5cm or so from where I find it comfortable.
Tiger 800 XRx, Scrambler, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900

Offline Tigermainia

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRx
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 08:24:16 PM »
mm14, "I prefer the size of the screen not too big, and it should not destroy the cool looks of the bike. (therefore Madstad is not for me)"

But the Madstad works!!!!!

Matter of opinion but I don't think the Tiger looks COOL, I didn't buy one for its looks but for its comfort and all round performance. I would never have bought one if it were for its looks.

That's why I bought a Madstad, because it works without all the faffing around adding bits hear and there to try and make other screens work,
From '61 to present - BSA C12, Royal Enfield Crusader Sports, Tiger 110, T120R Bonnie, BMW R50, Suzuki GT185, T120 Bonnie, KE 175, BMW R75, GSX750, FJ1200, XJR1300, FZ1000, Sprint1050 & Street Triple, Sprint1050, Speedtriple, Sprint1050, Sprint GT, Trophy 1215, Speedtriple & Bonneville, XRx

Offline mm14

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 12:24:15 AM »
Everybody has different views and tastes .... for me its a beautiful bike, which does the things I want it to do.
Functionality combined with good design.

But as I dont like big screens - even if the Madstad works great - I look for a smaller and purer alternative.
Just want to get rid of the loud banging in my helmet. I dont mind sitting in the wind - that is for me part of riding a motorcycle.

Therefore I am searching for an alternative. The Touratech S looks as a good alternative, as well as the short Powerbronze Adventure Sport.
Would like to hear from you if you have experience with either of them.
Thanks!

Offline HH007

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Blue XRx+beak
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 04:34:11 PM »
If you like the look of the Puig, I'd say go for it. I've had one for 18 months, thread lock the bolts and fit it correctly and it's fine. It doesn't wobble and does a good job of deflecting the wind without creating a low pressure, buffet-inducing vacuum. It looks a bit like the 2018 OEM tall screen on the 2018 bike.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 05:00:08 PM by HH007 »

Offline Fuge

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XCx
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 07:06:18 PM »
The GVI Airflow works well for me - I'm 6' tall and just slapped it on with the sliding screen at it's lowest (and I think strongest) position, the plan was to slowly raise it to find the sweet spot.

However, there it has remained as it is lovely as is with all that nasty buffeting now just a fading memory.  :152:

Forgot to mention, that the only down sides I have found are that the steering-lock is slightly reduced (hits my barkbusters - I'll just whip it off in 2.5 years time for the MoT  :007:) and it does add more upper weight to an already top-heavy lady. The effect of these disbenefits are cancelled out to some degree though by the substantial improvement in her looks, in my humble opinion.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 07:27:55 PM by Fuge »

Recent Topics

winded-staunch