Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Heated grip wiring question  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Pailton

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: XRT
Re: Heated grip wiring question
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 12:00:08 AM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
Just replace the fecking things with Oxford grips.  Way, Way better.  You can even use the existing Triumph relay and wiring loom.

I know your right but I'm a bloody minded so and so and while it's still under warranty I'd rather let Triumph foot the bill.

Though the dealer has asked me to bring it in to get it checked out then will have to have it again to renew any parts that are required. Unless I pay 12 for insurance purposes for a courtesy bike.  :013:

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger XRt
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 12:24:43 AM »
Slightly different in that I let them know about the faulty grip in advance when I booked the 6k service but they still did nothing in advance. Then on the service the diagnostics indicated an open circuit on the left grip and so a warranty claim was lodged. I waited weeks before the message that the 'warranty' parts were in and then peeved to learn they would only renew the faulty one when I felt they should renew as a pair so wear looked equal on both grips, not one new and one 12 months worn. I then had to leave them the bike for another (possibly half can't remember) day to be fitted.  :151:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Pailton

• Tiger Master
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 01:49:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
Slightly different in that I let them know about the faulty grip in advance when I booked the 6k service but they still did nothing in advance. Then on the service the diagnostics indicated an open circuit on the left grip and so a warranty claim was lodged. I waited weeks before the message that the 'warranty' parts were in and then peeved to learn they would only renew the faulty one when I felt they should renew as a pair so wear looked equal on both grips, not one new and one 12 months worn. I then had to leave them the bike for another (possibly half can't remember) day to be fitted.  :151:

Going on the dealers past performance I'm expecting the parts to be not ordered/ delayed for what ever reason and then have to chase them to get the bike back in. I live in hope.  :191:

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger XRt
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 10:15:42 AM »
The modern way for business appears to be to hold no stock, which may sit redundant and order 'as needed' for next day delivery. I'm easy going, more important things in life to worry about, but each 'warranty' issue has had me ring after weeks, 6 on one occasion, for the stores guy to check the computer and conveniently inform me the parts were due in the very next day ........ b*llsh*t.  :232:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Pailton

• Tiger Master
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 12:38:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
The modern way for business appears to be to hold no stock, which may sit redundant and order 'as needed' for next day delivery. I'm easy going, more important things in life to worry about, but each 'warranty' issue has had me ring after weeks, 6 on one occasion, for the stores guy to check the computer and conveniently inform me the parts were due in the very next day ........ b*llsh*t.  :232:

And I'm sure they think we believe them.  :182:

Recent Topics

winded-staunch