Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cruise control again  (Read 4737 times)

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Re: Cruise control again
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2018, 01:06:49 AM »
 :028: sounds like a good result.

I'll dare to say that Plymouth, like probably every other dealer, cuts corners on the servicing schedule but when I've noticed these items and raised them they haven't quibbled about getting the bike back in the workshop and rectifying the issues. Would obviously be better that it was fully done correctly in the first place and they have seen me right on the few warranty issues I've raised (i.e on my 3rd Datatool alarm).
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Rogue_Shadow

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XRT
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2018, 08:39:51 AM »
I started to hear a few "stories" about my local Triumph dealer across the Tamar.
So it's reassuring to hear they are fairly reliable in sorting out issues like this.  :028:

Offline nigelw6

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2018, 04:41:46 PM »
I am very happy with the service from the Plymouth dealership, the only thing I would say is that their communication could be a little better. I have generally had to call them to get an update.

Offline applecorp

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XRT 2018
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2020, 05:48:37 PM »
So, I've had this problem occur on my 2018 XRT.

Happened once briefly a few weeks ago on the way to work, pressed the cruise control button to set the speed then press it again to confirm but nothing, no green light, no CC (50mph, 6th gear by the way). On the way home however it appeared to fix itself.

Suddenly happened again yesterday but no amount of pressing, restarting bike, etc will make it work now.

I assume this is a trip to the dealer jobby, it's still under warranty so I guess that's my next call, unless any of you have a fix?

*Originally Posted by nigelw6 [+]
Thanks folks, I assume from your comments that I am trying to set cruise correctly using the process I described above. It seems strange that it recognises that I have tried to engage it as the symbol appears on the lcd display but it just does not activate on the second press. i can also see that  the green cruise light works as it illuminates upon ignition.

Looks like a trip to my local dealer at Plymouth. I didnt buy the bike from them so I hope they dont try to shrug off the warranty to the original dealer in Nottingham

Also, can you use the warranty in a Triumph dealer other than where you bought the bike. I have a triumph dealer a lot nearer to me than the one where I bought the bike, would be very handy if so.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 05:57:20 PM by applecorp »

Online healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2020, 06:07:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by applecorp [+]
Also, can you use the warranty in a Triumph dealer other than where you bought the bike. I have a triumph dealer a lot nearer to me than the one where I bought the bike, would be very handy if so.

In theory yes. If its a simple fault then almost certainly yes. The potential pitfall is the Warranty is offered by Triumph, but your contract is with the dealer you bought it from. The local dealer has to go to Triumph and fight your case to get a warranty approval. Hence why I  suggets is its a simpel fault then they lovcal dealer will almost certainly fight for you.
However if its a big job, that may actually cost the dealer money to fix then they be less inclined to do so. Can't sya if its true for Triumph but Ive heard of several importers who 'allow' time required to do the job which is virtually unacheiveable unbless you have all the tools ready to go, have done several of the repairs already.

So approach your local dealer, be honest or say you have just moved there. See what they say
If the local dealer doesn't want to play ball then go back to the dealer you bought the bike from. However if the local dealer has already approached Triumph and been turned down its unlikely the original dealer will overturn that......

Warranty work requires the dealer to fight your case on your behalf. if there is no goodwill on their part they are (less) unlikely to fight your cause

Offline applecorp

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2020, 06:13:41 PM »
Thanks. I don't see why Triumph would refuse to fix it though, this surely comes under genuine fault. I've not done anything to the bike that would cause this, been very well looked after and only done 1500 miles in the 4 months I've had it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 06:15:39 PM by applecorp »

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2020, 09:33:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by healdem [+]
In theory yes. If its a simple fault then almost certainly yes. The potential pitfall is the Warranty is offered by Triumph

There is no in theory about it. You can take the bike to any authorized Triumph dealer and they will organize to do the warranty work on your behalf with Triumph. The only reason they would not is if the work is not covered by warranty for some reasons, say in this instance you had done something to the electrical system that directly affects the cruise control.
If any dealer refuses to do any warranty work report them directly to Triumph and let Triumph sort them out.
If a dealer refuses to do warranty work they run the risk of having Triumph terminate their dealership agreement.

Offline applecorp

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2020, 09:32:44 AM »
Thanks for that, K1W1. I'll give my local dealer a call today.

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2020, 09:56:01 AM »
Am in agreement with K1W1 and have personal experience with my 1050, which I bought in UK and had warranty work done by an Irish Triumph dealer.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline applecorp

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2020, 06:05:52 PM »
Oh dear, turns out there's nothing wrong with the CC, good job I did another test run before making a fool of myself at the dealer.

I must have had my foot ever so slightly, and I mean ever so slightly on the rear break lever thus it was not activating the CC. Now, I knew that depressing the lever cancels it out (or prevents it activating) but the movement required is so slight now that I literally can't 'rest' my foot on the lever.

Could something have changed within the switch on the brake lever, is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of it?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 06:10:49 PM by applecorp »

Recent Topics