Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rear Brake Foot Lever and Gerar Lever options for 2017 XCA Tiger 800?  (Read 394 times)

Offline Frosty1

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2017 Tiger XCA
I have just perchased a 2017 Demo XCA Tiger 800 and am getting ready to travel the "Land Down Under starting with Tasmainia next month.
I have done the standard upgrade's including tyres, barkbusters, precleaner, Puig screen & Lust lowering lings etc.
I find that both the gear lever and rear brake lever are found seriously wanting in both strength and comfort when boots are on.
Having come from a Dirtbike background, I have always found there is always "Bling" to add to the bike when it comes to rear brake/gear leaver to add strength & comfort in that area but after conducting a search and unless your bike name starts with BMW or KTM it is very light on what you can add in this area.
I have looked at the Touratech Gearlever but found that that they only have a gear leaver for the bike with no adjustment but there is no rear brake lever it seems.
I have purchased a Adjustable SW-Motech Gear Lever but they also dont do a rear brake lever it also seems.
My question is has anyone found any other options?   

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers,

Frosty1

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
Re: Rear Brake Foot Lever and Gerar Lever options for 2017 XCA Tiger 800?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 05:11:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Frosty1 [+]
Having come from a Dirtbike background,
I have looked at the Touratech Gearlever but found that that they only have a gear leaver for the bike with no adjustment but there is no rear brake lever it seems.
I have purchased a Adjustable SW-Motech Gear Lever but they also dont do a rear brake lever it also seems.
My question is has anyone found any other options?   
Any help would be appreciated
I'm not sure this will be quite what you're looking for?:

http://www.altrider.com/altrider-dualcontrol-brake-system-for-triumph-tiger-scrambler/pid/2148

But I found the concept useful. I didn't actually buy one -- but, fabricated something similar in order to have the rear brake be more readily accessible from both sitting and standing and available for more or less pressure - when desired.
(read the Altrider description...)
hth
I've ridden all-around the United States and parts of Arkansas.

Offline ENGLISHBANDIT

• Tiger Master
  • ENGLISHBANDIT
  • Bike: T800 FZ1N CBR929
Re: Rear Brake Foot Lever and Gerar Lever options for 2017 XCA Tiger 800?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 07:39:25 PM »
I have an SW fully adjustable gear lever they are very good
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:42:20 PM by ENGLISHBANDIT »
Stand behind our troops,if not feel free to stand in front of them

Recent Topics