Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Handle Bar Risers  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Fraggle Rock

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrx
Handle Bar Risers
« on: January 13, 2018, 10:50:07 PM »
As previously mentioned, I have recently taken delivery of a new Tiger 800 XRX and need to move the handle bar position aft by an inch or so. Can anyone tell me how much the stock Triumph risers (I think they are 2") will bring the bars back? 

Cheers

Fraggle

Offline Turbo100

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRt
Re: Handle Bar Risers
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 11:05:56 PM »
I have 2" Rox risers and I guess that it will give you 1" aft
I'm Not As Old As I Once Was !!

Offline Fraggle Rock

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 12:02:37 AM »
Thanks Turbo100 I guess that I will go ahead and purchase them as a 1" aft movement should do the job

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger XRt
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 12:03:52 AM »
I have the Triumph risers on my XRt, they lift the standard bar clamps 30mm (not 2") and effectively don't move the bars back, that was achieved by reversing the standard Triumph clamps, but that only gives a gain of about 10mm rearward.

Your best bet would probably be the Rox risers, they have a 2" vertical lift which can be tilted rearwards (at a compromise of height loss obviously).

I have considered getting some Rox risers to add to the Triumph risers, which I think XRx owners say works ok, you would need to confirm (but on the XRt I'm concerned how tight the extra accessory, grips, seats & fogs, wiring is compared to the standard handlebar wiring looms and the Rox risers aren't cheap). 
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger XRt
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 12:19:40 AM »
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Wight Biker

• Tiger Pro
  • Never too old to ride.....
  • Bike: Tiger 800 R
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 09:42:14 AM »
I bought some risers from M&P similar to these. Can't remember the exact model/size but they work fine and are half the price of Rox risers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-Handlebar-2-Inch-Riser-7-8-Bar-Billet-Black-Alloy-Universal-/142542214561?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

The build quality is perfect and they have not discoloured or worn in any way in the two years I've had them. I got the same finish as the handlebars.

I used to get pain in the wrists without the risers but these have lifted the bars and brought them closer and over 9k miles I've not experienced any discomfort.

Bit tricky to tighten down the bolts but if you follow the instructions you should be fine. One of the bolts gets hidden by the handlebar and can't be done up tight. Trick is to leave the other one loose, tighten up this one to the point it has clamped down fully with the bars at the angle you want, then tighten the other one. Then make sure the gaps on the clamps are even and readjust if not. I've never had any movement on the clamps/bars since fitting.

:157:

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 12:18:43 PM »
A ball ended hex socket will also help slightly with access
Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 12:18:35 AM »
At half the price again, I used something very similar to these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-8-28mm-Bars-Clamp-Anodized-2-Inch-Pivoting-Motorcycle-Handlebar-Riser-Black/162406351053

However, mine have a 28mm hole for the bars and a 28mm sticky out bit to go into the original risers. These have a 28mm hole and a 22mm sticky out bit, and they come with shims so (if required) you either make the hole bigger or the sticky out bit smaller. The version without the shims worked fine on the Tigger, a set with the shims didn't work on my Scrambler (22mm bars) as they just pivoted at the lower (shimmed) end - shims might not have been thick enough or inelastic enough.

Aha, these are the ones I used:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/28mm-Universal-Motorcycle-ATV-Handlebar-Fat-Bar-Riser-Clamps-Silver-Raised-55MM/361982090011

except mine were black. About 20% of the price of the Rox risers.

I've even found the black ones:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/28mm-1-1-8-Pivoting-Handlebar-Riser-Fits-Suzuki-V-Stroms-Tiger-Triumph-800XC/301967003977
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 12:22:01 AM by tauzero »
Tiger 800 XRx, Scrambler, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900

Offline Fraggle Rock

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 06:13:43 AM »
Thanks everyone for your advise on the risers, it is much appreciated - I have decided to go with the ROX 2" Pivoting Risers and some may say that I have more money than sense!! :087: Have to wait two weeks for them as the agent here in Sydney has them on back order. Yes, my wrists and back can't wait for them to arrive.

Cheers

Fraggle

Recent Topics

winded-staunch