Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ride for Saturday  (Read 2406 times)

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
Re: Ride for Saturday
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2018, 12:57:02 PM »
I guess that's the one I marked, because some turned off without telling anyone, the correct procedure would have been to stop, flag people on and then advise the tail end Charlie, or maybe it was a different one, hard to say there's been a few over the years on various forums, doesn't matter how many times it's explained there's always (at least) one who just does his own thing  :015:

Offline Ming

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2018, 01:08:24 PM »
Almost as good was my riding on a recent Triumph RAT run. Didn't listen to the pre brief where it was stated that all junctions would be marked APART from the entry onto a dual carriageway as it was deemed too dangerous to wait on the edge of the slipway........and I went straight on into Plymouth city centre like the Pied Piper with a load of rats following me, whilst everyone else zoomed up to Liskeard and lunch :138:
Here comes Mr Clumsy........

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White 800 Roadie
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2018, 09:24:35 AM »
coming back to the original topic guys:
I'd love to know beforehand where the Saturday tour will go as I am already planning my trip from Germany and I have planned a little loop in Wales already, so if we go there on Saturday I'll change my plan.
Live is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline JMc

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: tiger800
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2018, 01:29:21 PM »
As things stand we will be doing a large loop using some of the best local roads I know and enjoy, we will dip into the other side of the river but not into deepest Wales (we've been there twice before) so Derchef feel free to plan your adventure into Wales. As said originally this is not a tour of the Cotswold villages (we also did that on a mini-meet), but nice twisty roads.

I am doing a full run of the route this Saturday with a group of friends so that will give me a good idea of timings etc.

thank you for your support

Jmc

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White 800 Roadie
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 10:21:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by JMc [+]
As things stand we will be doing a large loop using some of the best local roads I know and enjoy, we will dip into the other side of the river but not into deepest Wales (we've been there twice before) so Derchef feel free to plan your adventure into Wales. As said originally this is not a tour of the Cotswold villages (we also did that on a mini-meet), but nice twisty roads.

I am doing a full run of the route this Saturday with a group of friends so that will give me a good idea of timings etc.

thank you for your support

Jmc
thanks mate that does help
Live is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2018, 12:25:03 PM »
Hey

Justin

Are we nearly there yet  :084: :001:

Offline JMc

• Tiger Master
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2018, 01:45:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
Hey

Justin

Are we nearly there yet  :084: :001:

yep route kind of sorted, all fast and twisty..... :007:

Offline JMc

• Tiger Master
Re: Ride for Saturday - read this is important-er
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2018, 01:46:52 PM »
We will be leaving the hotel at 9am, please ensure you have a full tank before we leave - there is a shell garage a few hundred yards down the road that most will be passing to get to the hotel. the pumps on the left only dispenses "v-power"

The hotel has a car park at the front and rear, given that we are on the outskirts of a city center please make sure you have bike security (disc lock, chains etc.) which ever is your preferred choice. the security of your bike is YOUR responsibility and not mine or the Hotels.

thank you for reading this

Jmc

Offline rozzer

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: '16 1050 Sport
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2018, 03:41:45 PM »

And here was me thinking you would be standing on watch all night to protect my bike ! !

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger XRt
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2018, 03:56:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by rozzer [+]
   And here was me thinking you would be standing on watch all night to protect my bike ! !

:084: :027: ... I thought we were all relying on you for security ... the clue was in your username. :211: :008:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch