Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: UK exhaust questions  (Read 357 times)

Offline troop

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2016 800 XCX
UK exhaust questions
« on: February 10, 2018, 02:22:18 PM »
Hey all,
Looking for some exhaust info from the UK folks. Being stateside, I have limited info about Fuel/Pipe Werx exhaust. Scorpion/Arrow are a bit more common. I'm "leaning" toward a Leo Vince based upon multiple users stating it has a less annoying "drone" sound when cruising in the 5k rpm range. My questions re: Fuel/Pipe Werx center more so around quality. Sound is subjective,  but quality isn't. How would you all rate the build quality, fit-finish, materials and craftsmanship of the Fuel/Pipe Werx products? How would they compare to a Scorpion or Leo V ? Thinking outside the box here and want solid thoughts since I'd be ordering either of these exhaust directly from the MFR in the UK. My opinions just from reading is that I'd lean to the Fuel before the Pipe Werx. On a side note, a vendor stateside has a nice price on a new stainless Scorpion Serket shaped exhaust. I think it looks really nice but wondering if that shape/style will work with Triumph pannier side mount brackets? Thanks for your opinions!! troop
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 02:25:54 PM by troop »

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: T800 FZ1N CBR929
Re: UK exhaust questions
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 09:51:55 PM »
I would stick with arrow if you can, the sound was not in your face at all and with the dB killer in not far off Oem just a bit deeper. I have had all of the others at some point in time on bikes apart from the Leo Vince  . Scorpion would be my next choice quality has always been very good and solid . I found pipe werx finish was very poor myself and the dB killer started to rust with in 3 months would not buy another one , look nice when when new but don’t stay that way long.And to be honest just don’t like the look of the fuel. Arrow or Scorpion would be my choice.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 10:00:50 PM by ENGLISHBANDIT »
Stand behind our troops,if not feel free to stand in front of them

Offline samsgrandad

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 roadie
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 07:37:38 PM »
You will get a different answer form each person you ask about noise from an aftermarket exhaust because the sound is so subjective.

As far a the relative exhausts you have mentioned are concerned I had a Fuel exhaust on a Suzuki Bandit and thought that the quality was very good for the price which in the UK was at the time much less than the others.

I had a Leo Vince on my Tiger and thought that it was very good and the quality was excellent the sound was not too intrusive whereas I found the Arrow can too noisy for my liking.

All of these pipes will fit with the standard Triumph panniers.

I have no knowledge of the Pipe werx exhausts but have you looked at the MTC exhausts through the forum link??

Have a look on the forum or ebay and see if you can find a secondhand one, that way if you don't like it you can sell it on and not lose much if any money.

Offline digger06

• Tiger Master
  • digger06
  • Bike: tiger 800 xc
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 09:32:30 PM »
iv seen plenty of pipe werx and fuel pipes drop to bits, especially in a crash, but never seen an arrow fall apart.
leo vince seem ok, but I have seen a few go rusty quite quickly on the fasteners etc,

Recent Topics