Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hastings direct impossible to contact!? Anyone else?  (Read 1138 times)

Offline dorsetboy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger XRT
Hastings direct impossible to contact!? Anyone else?
« on: March 05, 2018, 03:09:58 PM »
Hi Hi,
I moved to Hastings Direct last year as the prices were good.
Wish I had not as they are impossible to contact.
They have a online chat which is permanently "busy".
I have sent several letters....no reply!
The phone......Nooooo..........you wait for ever then get cut off!
All I wanted was to confirm extras fitted cover.......
So is it just me or are then other poor folk out there who have had there money taken?
Amazing!
What do I do next?
Mike.
Loose Lips Sink Ships

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Master
Re: Hastings direct impossible to contact!? Anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 03:31:19 PM »
How long have you been trying for, I know quite a few call centres have a lot of enquiries backed up due to the snow last week when staff simply couldn't get to work.

However, I was with Hasting's last year with one of my cars and I dropped them as the price went up by 50%.  :006:
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Offline dorsetboy

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 03:48:00 PM »
When I took my insurance out September last year I tried and failed to contact Hastings by phone and post.
I tried again in October by phone and post without success.
I gave up as it was too stressful and I had other things on my plate.
I am trying again this month to contact them but no success as yet.

I am not a complaining type just completely exasperated.

Mike
Loose Lips Sink Ships

Offline smurfbud

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger Road Blue
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 04:16:28 PM »
Hastings (or rather not hasting at all really) were the insurers of the daft b*tch that crossed the double white lines right in front of me causing an accident back in July 2016 ......... my insurance company didnt manage to get any response from them until they issued court proceedings notification in the November .....even after that the cheeky feckers went for 50/50 and it wasnt until 2 days before I was due to go to court to testify that they settled.

Meanwhile I had a fault accident against my name on teh insurance database affecting my NCB until the claim was settled that cost me a small fortune in increased premiums on my bikes and cars.

I wouldnt touch Hastings with a bargepole ............ cheap for a bloody good reason ...
Still a pupil at the school of life

Offline DBD15XRX

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger800XRX
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 08:20:18 PM »
My son insured his car with them, (I paid on my credit card) and nearly 3 weeks later he got a cheque through the post for the full amount of the renewal with no explanation at all!!

We were worried they had cancelled his insurance so we rang them. It turned out they had taken the premiums twice!! :232:

A very strongly worded email was sent and they responded and quickly resolved it.  Can't say I'll be rushing back to them though.

Offline dorsetboy

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 08:32:00 PM »
So, my insurance was due in Sept.....then in August surprise surprise Hastings sent me a renewal letter and a email! They would take it automatically they said! Like hell! I wrote and emailed back and said NO and why? and they actually replied!? I had a apology from thier manageress who could not understand why they could not be contacted.

I am back with Carol Nash who for all thier faults answer the phone and were good enough to accept that all the touring kit fitted (boxes etc) was insured on the spot.

A Pox upon all these "E" companies who are truly scammers.

Keep away and stay with the main players.
Loose Lips Sink Ships

Offline steve@lincs

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 08:49:21 PM »
it might be worth contacting the insurance ombudsman, not least so they can get a picture of their poor service.  Just a thoight.

Offline dorsetboy

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 09:06:38 PM »
Oh Im not bothered, Im after a easy life.

Another rip off scam company it a on line airticket  outfit called "Esky" who pretend to be a main airline by having the airline logo on thier own page.
They sell you a ticket .........but the seat placement and baggage you pay extra for is the scam.
Loose Lips Sink Ships

Offline squinius

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 11:04:21 AM »
Glad I read this.  Warning sign for me was this year's renewal letter from Hasting arriving AFTER the renewal date they'd taken the next premium.  Since the renewal premium was reasonable I didn't argue the point and look elsewhere.

Next year I'll be more organised and in light of the comments on this thread, will go elsewhere.

Sq.

Offline Andy118

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 11:53:08 AM »
I waited in a queue for ~50 minutes to insure my new Tiger.  The lady i spoke couldn't have been more helpful but she told me that there was a 25 fee chargeable for changing the bike mid policy.  I asked about the complaints proceedure, she registered the complaint and then two days later she offered to refund me the 25 as compensation.

If they treat you badly, complain!  :-)
Random quote with slightly humorous yet profound meaning.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch