Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Getting expedition panniers frame to fit  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Plug

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
Getting expedition panniers frame to fit
« on: March 05, 2018, 05:47:41 PM »
Hi all, I have just bought some expedition panniers from a 2017 Tiger to put on my 2015 Xrx and have discovered that there isn't a thread on the bottom of my footrest hangar to secure the rail to. I've tried to search the forum and the only thing I can find is the mention of a 'well nut'. Not sure what that is but presume its similar to a rawl plug where the outer expands as its tightened. Could anybody help me with a part number, a size or any other information please
many thanks in advance
Plug

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: Getting expedition panniers frame to fit
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 05:59:35 PM »
Just measure the ID of the footrest hanger and the hit ebay with the details of that and the bolt size

Kay's are very good

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361830776095

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline Plug

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 06:14:42 PM »
Cheers R2, I think it was you that had mentioned it on another post. I checked your link and have a rough idea now, cheers. Do I need a snug fit with the plug or do I need to allow a bit of room for expansion? You'll have to bear with me cos when it comes to technical stuff, I'm as thick as 2 short planks  :462: :001:

Offline Turbo100

• Non-Active
  • Tiger Jedi
  • RIP
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRt
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 06:17:44 PM »
Snug to the bottom face of the hanger
I'm Not As Old As I Once Was !!

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 06:36:27 PM »
I fitted the SW Motech kit, with that, the fastening that goes in the bottom of the pillion hanger has two angled sections that the bolt pulls together to make secure. Works well. The fitting instruction might be on t'internet if you want to see how it works.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Plug

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 08:26:50 PM »
Thanks for your input chaps. I've just looked at the online instructions and see there's a proper Triumph remedy for this situation. What are the chances that this part is available separately? On a scale of 1 being impossible and 10 a dead cert, I'm thinking minus 3

Offline MegaChops

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 08:42:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rtwo [+]
Just measure the ID of the footrest hanger and the hit ebay with the details of that and the bolt size

Kay's are very good

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361830776095

HI, i know its been 2 years since you posted this but I wanted to say thanks. I managed to get some 2017 XRT pannier racks fitted to my 2011 xc thanks to your advice!

Recent Topics