Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: MCE insurance  (Read 2054 times)

Offline T-Rever

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
Re: MCE insurance
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 06:00:49 PM »
Have used 'Navigator', had no need to claim, but they seem to know the needs of the motorcyclist.. Am happy with my main insurer, Carol Nash, got me and a crashed bike home from 'The Pico's' a few years back...

Offline ghostbreeder

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 02:27:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tammyboy [+]
:151: :023: Just a heads up, my wife and I are planning a France tour this spring so phoned MCE , my insurer, to confirm European cover of 183 days as per their blurb only to be told it is only for the FIRST 183 days of policy that is covered, and as my policy dates from last July I will not be covered, and no, they will not allow me to purchase any additional. So it looks like I will have to cancel early and take out insurance with SOMEBODY ELSE.

I think you've misread this.  The policy states:
Subject to your motorcycle  normally being kept in the geographical limits this policy provides the cover shown in the policy schedule in any country in the territorial limits subject to younot exceeding 183 days (6 months) in any one trip. A Green Card will not be issued as this is not necessary for cross border travel and yourcertificate of motor insurance should, therefore, provide sufficient evidence that you are complying with the laws on the compulsory insurance of motor vehicles in any of those countries that you visit.

I read that as saying you are only covered for 183 days on any one trip, so if you are going for longer than 6 months then you'll need to arrange something else.   

Offline Turbo100

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRt
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 03:06:31 PM »
Well spotted ghostbreeder  :028:
I'm Not As Old As I Once Was !!

Recent Topics