Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Need an Electric wizard  (Read 533 times)

Offline manhoot

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Xca
Need an Electric wizard
« on: March 13, 2018, 08:54:50 PM »
Right here goes.

What i want to do is make the heated grip switch work the mode control on the dashboard.

I have removed the triumph heated grips, so switch is spare now and i have always found the mode switch on the dash fiddly .
I am one with the Force The Force is with me

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
Re: Need an Electric wizard
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 09:20:07 PM »
T800xc will be along shortly. Long story short you would need to reprogram the switch (lots of logic in that little square)
Stupid is as stupid does.  Look Dad... No hands!!

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800XC & Explorer
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 12:45:22 PM »
The easiest way to do what you want is to copy Kildareman's lead from May 2012. Ignore the electronics inside the heated grip switch and instead just make use of the small button switch that's in there.

You can read about it here, and see a couple of photos...

Remote Operation of LCD Menu Functions

You'll need to carefully pry the switch apart to get at the internals but it can be done neatly and without causing damage. I used a razor blade but others have resorted to using a hacksaw, which needs a bit more cleaning up afterwards.

Below is a photo originally posted on here 6 years ago by Kildareman. It shows the inside of a fog light switch but the one for the heated grips is very similar. You can see the silver button in the middle.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 06:41:01 PM »
Flipping hell. Ancient history. Yes you can just rewire directly across the tactile switch.  Disconnect all wires into the switch and solder a couple across the switch. Extend chosen wires into the instruments and across the relevent tactile switch in the instruments. Jobs a good'n.
Stupid is as stupid does.  Look Dad... No hands!!

Recent Topics