Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Where to fit Sat Nav on new 2018 Tiger 800  (Read 3246 times)

KildareMan, coddy, bucksfizz and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online bucksfizz

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
Re: Where to fit Sat Nav on new 2018 Tiger 800
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2018, 04:59:06 PM »

The idea of the photo gallery is to post the picture(s) in the body of the reply.
To do so, make sure you're in thumbnail mode, and select the picture(s) by clicking SELECT in the box in the top right corner of the picture(s).
Then, click on Action -> Get embed codes (top right of window).
When you hover over the bottom box containing the image URLs, COPY will appear - click on it.
You can then paste the embed codes into your post.
HTH
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 05:07:17 PM by bucksfizz »

Offline Bladerunner99

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Waiting
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2018, 03:01:51 AM »
Thank you Kolai
Ride to work. Work to ride

Offline markymark11

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRT 2018
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2018, 10:52:53 AM »
Kolai - have sent you an email  :002:

Online coddy

• Tiger Member
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2018, 08:56:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Kolai [+]
Ive made a mount for the 2018 Tigers XRX, XRT, XCX, XCA, but it wont fit the base model XR.

Its on eBay for 45 but if you want one I can do it for 40 posted in UK. Cant upload images so the item number for ebay is 192603791793. Have a look and if its something youre interested in, fire a mail at me Nikwill26514@gmail.com.

If used with a Ram clamp it wont hinder screen movement either.

Looks good, will you charge us a bit less if we collect from you?

Offline Mike on a Bike

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger800 XCA
« Reply #34 on: Today at 12:16:27 PM »
I have just sold my Vstrom and got myself a 2018 XCA and now working on how to fit my satNav. I could not find a fitting to suit my needs, so I am currently working on my own version. I have a 3D printer and I have been using that for prototyping. It will be too fragile for long term use, but in the short term it works fine as the pictures show

I have found a foundry nearby and they have agreed to cast an aluminium version. So I have spent the weekend making a pattern using my 3D printer, glue and filler so that he can make me some blanks that I can drill and paint. I am a retired engineer and enjoy making things as well as biking, so this fulfills two of my joys.

The down side of the design it uses the bottom of the screen bracket, so I will lose some adjustment, but I am tall, so I do not need to move it down and I am looking to get a bigger screen sometime soon anyway. It fits RAM mounts, secured with a couple of screws and should look pretty smart and much better than my cobbled together prototype. I will post the finished article if anyone is interested.

I think handlebar mounts for SatNavs are wrong for many reasons.

What do other people think.

Online bucksfizz

• Tiger Member
« Reply #35 on: Today at 03:38:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mike on a Bike [+]
The down side of the design it uses the bottom of the screen bracket, so I will lose some adjustment, but I am tall, so I do not need to move it down and I am looking to get a bigger screen sometime soon anyway. It fits RAM mounts, secured with a couple of screws and should look pretty smart and much better than my cobbled together prototype. I will post the finished article if anyone is interested.

I think handlebar mounts for SatNavs are wrong for many reasons.

What do other people think?

That looks to be a very good solution, but I think it is using too many screen slots - 2 if I am viewing the pics correctly.
A lot of us have cobbled together a mount that uses the lowest screen slot.
If you can use just the one screen slot, you have a winner.
Any idea on price from the foundry?

Recent Topics

winded-staunch