Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Where to fit Sat Nav on new 2018 Tiger 800  (Read 41269 times)

Offline captainjm

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 18 800 XRX
Re: Where to fit Sat Nav on new 2018 Tiger 800
« Reply #220 on: December 03, 2019, 07:16:13 PM »
Ive tried a number or of different mounts over the TFT and any that involve the use of the ball mounts fail miserably. The vibration make the device almost impossible to read. My largest effort was the Evotech version which while a little better is still not very effective.  Still looking .

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #221 on: December 04, 2019, 01:15:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by Khantahr [+]
Is there any way to use a RAM X-Grip with the evotech system?

Probably, as above, but even with just a 1" joining piece the satnav would be much too close to the rider, may be possible to reduce the springy "tongue" on the Evotech mount and then extend back with a 1" ball joint ?
Now available in "Batman"

Offline Lopez

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: '18 XCA
« Reply #222 on: December 04, 2019, 02:19:07 PM »
I've found a great way to fit Sat Nav above clocks... Buy the new 900.

Offline Eskeemo

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
« Reply #223 on: February 11, 2020, 11:01:47 PM »
Im waiting for my new tiger 800 , pick up next month 😁 . So naturally Ive been looking at accessories and Ive read every page of this thread and still cant find a sat nav mount that Id be happy with, ideally Id like it above and behind the tft almost touching the screen but all theses ones seem to stick the sat nav way too high and forward in your face . Doesnt look like the perfect one is out there for me despite the bike being out 2 yrs now.

Offline bucksfizz

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 18 Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #224 on: February 12, 2020, 10:12:33 AM »
*Originally Posted by Eskeemo [+]
Im waiting for my new tiger 800 , pick up next month 😁 . So naturally Ive been looking at accessories and Ive read every page of this thread and still cant find a sat nav mount that Id be happy with, ideally Id like it above and behind the tft almost touching the screen but all theses ones seem to stick the sat nav way too high and forward in your face . Doesnt look like the perfect one is out there for me despite the bike being out 2 yrs now.

I'm still happy with Mike the Bike's mount:

It puts the sat nav just where I want it.

Is he still making them?

Offline Q

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XCA
« Reply #225 on: February 12, 2020, 11:27:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by LeBombardier [+]
To be clear - I like the fact it moves up and down with the screen... it means I don't need a bulky and ugly adjustable arm to achieve the same. I also have no issues with the minor vibration

Allow me to add my voice of support to the Evotech mount - the springy long pivot arm movement also unnerved me at first but it seems to soak up all the bumps and grinds of the gravel track without transmitting it to the GPS mounting or bracket.

It is also in a perfect position for a glance down when standing up - something which I could not do with the previous mount just above the instrument screen.

Last but not least - kudos to the people at Evotech - our local postal service managed to not deliver my kit on the first pass returning it to Evotech as "undeliverable" - Evotech contacted me and re-sent the kit at their own cost. That is customer service IMO.
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Offline Northern

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XCa
« Reply #226 on: February 12, 2020, 11:51:26 AM »
Receive my Evotech for Garmin on 2 days ago. Did not install it yet, but quality is superb and packaging is on high level.
Order it from Evotech web-store - cheaper when same product n eBay. Delivery to Estonia was very fast (compare to others sellers).

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #227 on: February 12, 2020, 12:43:09 PM »
I've had a lot of products from Evotech in the past (especially radiator guards), the customer service is very good and the engineering is always excellent  :028:

I think they've tried to accommodate a lot of different satnavs and screen types, so for my setup with a now rather ancient (nearly 12 yr old) and heavy Garmin Zumo 550 and standard screen, the long tongue does vibrate far too much, Touratech and others got round this by making an anti-vibration mounting arrangement, vibrations through a satnav, or any other electronic device are never a good thing.

I may try adapting the Evotech, or may just can it and get a handlebar mount  :028:
Now available in "Batman"

Offline Eskeemo

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
« Reply #228 on: February 12, 2020, 01:14:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by bucksfizz [+]
I'm still happy with Mike the Bike's mount:

It puts the sat nav just where I want it.

If your happy with it thats great 😀 but Id like it to be deeper towards the screen , not sure if thats possible with the arm and sat nav mount. Ill wait until I get the bike and try and figure whats possible.

Is he still making them?

Offline bucksfizz

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 18 Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #229 on: February 12, 2020, 06:12:22 PM »
The TomTom is as close to the screen as I can get it, and is fully protected from vertical rain.
It's the bulk of the mount that prevents it being any closer.
Indeed, I have to tilt the TomTom back a little to clear the screen when removing it.
I suppose it all depends on which sat nav and mount you have.
Personally, I prefer this mount to all others, especially those that cause the sat nav to move with the screen, e.g. Evotech.
Don't get me wrong - I really rate Evotech products, but not their 2018/19 Tiger 800 sat nav mount.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch