Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2018 Screen - still buffeting at highway speed  (Read 1108 times)

Offline kshah81

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
Re: 2018 Screen - still buffeting at highway speed
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 09:09:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by HH007 [+]
A cheap flip screen might help, perhaps you could borrow one to see if it works?

Did you come from a previous gen Tiger and if so how does the screen compare?

What height are you and which helmet do you wear?

I havent had a tiger before. On the test ride on the older model buffeting was about the same as the new one. I am short 55, have a neotec and c3 pro both bad buffeting. I tried a givi wind deflector, was too tall for me on the new screen but stopped the buffeting.

Offline HH007

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Blue XRx+beak
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 09:55:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by kshah81 [+]
I havent had a tiger before. On the test ride on the older model buffeting was about the same as the new one. I am short 55, have a neotec and c3 pro both bad buffeting. I tried a givi wind deflector, was too tall for me on the new screen but stopped the buffeting.

That's a shame about the buffeting. Puig and MRA do flip screens that wouldn't sit any higher than the stock screen, they clamp to the top of the screen sit parallel with the screen, they don't increase the screen height. You could try that and if it doesn't work, sell it?

From experience, different helmets make a difference. I started with a cheap'ish Nolan N46 using the standard Tiger screen and there was no buffeting at all, clean airflow. I changed to a Shoei GT Air and it was terrible! The GT Air is a narrower helmet and smaller overall shell size, not sure if that had anything to do with it. Good luck.

Offline kshah81

• Tiger Member
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 10:35:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by HH007 [+]
That's a shame about the buffeting. Puig and MRA do flip screens that wouldn't sit any higher than the stock screen, they clamp to the top of the screen sit parallel with the screen, they don't increase the screen height. You could try that and if it doesn't work, sell it?

From experience, different helmets make a difference. I started with a cheap'ish Nolan N46 using the standard Tiger screen and there was no buffeting at all, clean airflow. I changed to a Shoei GT Air and it was terrible! The GT Air is a narrower helmet and smaller overall shell size, not sure if that had anything to do with it. Good luck.

Strange that the cheaper helmets were better lol, I will try the deflectors and go from there. Thanks

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 07:46:25 AM »
Take the screen off is the only real cure.
Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Online Wight Biker

• Tiger Pro
  • Never too old to ride.....
  • Bike: Tiger 800 R
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 09:23:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by kshah81 [+]

The Puig deflector I use is adjusted so it is no higher than the Triumph screen, so no sighting issues, and is set almost parallel to the screen. It seems to direct the airflow upwards to the top of my helmet rather than let it curl and eddy just over the top of the screen straight into the face. Would be worth a try I think.

Offline Psychopasta

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 10:25:15 AM »
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Offline kshah81

• Tiger Member
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 08:05:24 AM »
Im going to wait a couple of months - see if they bring any screens out - if not will get a deflector

Recent Topics

winded-staunch