Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Anyone near Liverpool able to remap?  (Read 824 times)

Offline Mikey-S

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
Anyone near Liverpool able to remap?
« on: March 14, 2018, 04:07:03 PM »
Recently fitted a Leo Vince exhaust to my 2012 800, which sounds fantastic by the way, and I'm now wondering if a remap is worthwhile to squeeze out some more ponies?  If so is there anyone near Liverpool who can do a remap for me?  In exchange for beer tokens of course! Thanks.

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: Anyone near Liverpool able to remap?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 04:34:29 PM »
Have you got a particular map in mind?
Just swapping your current map for -say- the Arrow map is easy and safe enough but ....
You do not want to be allowing anyone short of a tuning shop with a dyno to play around with customising your current map.

Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline Mikey-S

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 04:39:17 PM »
Agreed. I would only want a known & proven map, I understand the risks involved with a bad tune.   If there are none for the Leo Vince then yes the Arrow will do fine.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 06:43:51 PM »
You won't release any extra ponies worth speaking of with the arrow tune. You will increase visits to refuel though. Leave at standard tune. You'd be better off making sure you have latest standard tune to be honest.
Stupid is as stupid does.  Look Dad... No hands!!

Online Turbo100

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XRt
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 07:46:17 PM »
Leave the mapping seems to be the consensus of opinion according to other posts, leave it on the standard map, will gain nothing and it seems to drop your MPG down drastically
I'm Not As Old As I Once Was !!

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 08:01:40 PM »
I've been running the TCMB - Tiger 800 - 20767/20769 Hybrid Map from this post on advrider for the last year
http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/tiger-800-tuning-thread.1054217/

A lot crisper and more responsive IMO

Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Online Gasman

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 07:53:12 PM »
I don't know why the arrow tune gets such bad press.
 Personally I installed it and my bike goes like stink it revs cleanly into the red in every gear and doesn't miss a beat. (Hope I'm not speaking too soon). Took it for MOT yesterday and the tester / mechanic was pleasantly surprised how crisp it was.
It is also fitted with a Pipercross filter and an Arrow can from a 600 Kawasaki.
Not checked fuel consumption as I only use it for pleasure.
Go on now don't be too abusive.

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 11:10:44 PM »
An arrow map for anything other than an arrow  can is just wasting fuel. Mind you the aftermarket cans, unlike the old days of two strokes and poorly developed 4 strokes, dont give significant performance benefit.

They fo change the exhayst note, they nay gjve a tiny perfornance benefit... and thars about it

Offline Mav

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XRx
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 12:11:13 AM »
All I can add is, when I had my Arrow can fitted and arrow map installed, I noticed a difference, not huge but definitely a difference in performance and sound.

Offline fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 11:18:02 AM »
As far as I know the factory maps only change fuel. The ignition limits more that's why the ECU reflashes are so popular. And yes it does make a noticeable difference.

Recent Topics