Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Brakes and ABS

Galfer Rotors

(1/5) > >>

Kris:
I fitted recently Galfer full floating rotors on Versys 1000 and there is a huge improvement, which is also a testimony of other bikers.  They make them really well, and they look amazing.  I looked for the ones to fit Tiger but it appeared that they do not list them for Tiger.  So I emailed them, and I found out that they do have them.  They are cheaper than for Versys.  The fitting disc pads need to be sourced from another model.  If someone is interested, these are the links:

http://galferusa.com/product/triumph-2015-tiger-800-front-disc-df930flw

http://galferusa.com/product/honda-2003-vtx-1300-s-front-pads-fd266g1375

there have also cheaper pads, regular sintered or semi-metallic.  I somehow trust their pads more than EBC ones (the last ebc ones I had on Versys were chipped in some places after a short use), and anyway, to keep the warranty one is supposed to use their pads.

by the way, only Galfer has the patent for full-wave rotors.  All the other companies make semi-wave rotors, which have the wave pattern only on the outer circumference. 

frenc:
Hello,  have you fitted the disc rotor  galfer df 930 flw, on your tiger, it's all right, you've had problems with assembly, I'm interested...ths.

Kris:
Originally Posted by frenc Hello,  have you fitted the disc rotor  galfer df 930 flw, on your tiger, it's all right, you've had problems with assembly, I'm interested...ths.

Actually, I just got the Galfer rotors and need to wait a few months before installing them (i am in a different country now) plus their ceramic sintered disc pads.  What sort of difficulties did you face with installing them???  I fitted Galfer's on Versys 1000 and they are vastly superior to OEM.  I was told by Galfer staff that they should fit Tiger.

frenc:
 I have not bought, but I read, that some with tiger 800, have had problems to mount 5 mm braking discs rotor, with sensor abs, galfer rotor discs is 5mm, more I do not know, wait for those who mounted 5mm discs rotor.I want know.....

KildareMan:
Think you'll find most, if not all, discs are 5mm new. Certainly my ABE discs were.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version