Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Center stand problem  (Read 3570 times)

Offline gordybrock

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XR 2012
Re: Center stand problem
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2018, 12:30:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]
...Whether a particular Tiger can or can't be put on the centre stand is entirely random depending on which stand is fitted.

Maybe chuckxc  has the wrong stand fitted? as far as I know there are two, one type is higher than the other.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 12:32:11 AM by gordybrock »
I'm from Wigan Me

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2018, 05:04:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by gordybrock [+]
Maybe chuckxc  has the wrong stand fitted? as far as I know there are two, one type is higher than the other.

Chuck owns a XC which requires the longer stand. If he had the short XR (Roadie) stand the problem would be the opposite the stand would barely if at all lift the rear wheel when in the down position.
My personal theory is that Triumph brought in a batch from somewhere that were either designed or manufactured incorrectly and then subsequently changed the product slightly but never did anything to sort of the people who got the "faulty" products.
There is enough evidence from people who have owned multiple bikes for many, many years who have never had any issues at all putting bikes on centre stands but can't on a Tiger to indicate that the problem is not simply technique.
I'm sure that if you want to fly to Melbourne Chuck would be more than happy to let you demonstrate your technique on his bike. We could video it for everybody here to see if you want.  :001:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 05:07:48 AM by K1W1 »

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2018, 07:00:56 AM »
I have a 2011 XC and initially had trouble getting the bike up onto the centre stand until I learned the correct technique, or at least what works for me every time.

Now there's no lifting involved nor special handles fitted and I have no problems using it. Even my wife, who's around half my weight, can do it.

This is an original 2011 XC so I can't say whether Triumph may or may not have changed the centre stand design in later years.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline gordybrock

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XR 2012
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2018, 07:57:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by K1W1 [+]

I'm sure that if you want to fly to Melbourne Chuck would be more than happy to let you demonstrate your technique on his bike. We could video it for everybody here to see if you want.  :001:
Flight tickets booked...on my way  :492:  just trying to be helpful, no need for your unnecessary sarcasm.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 08:14:16 AM by gordybrock »
I'm from Wigan Me

Recent Topics