Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Center stand problem  (Read 6067 times)

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: Center stand problem
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2019, 09:06:21 AM »
If Triumph designed different centre stands they would have different part numbers, normal Engineering practice.

My T800 needs a good pull to pop it on c/s same as all my Sprints. The Tiger Sport 1050 pops up easy, or it did until I lowered it 25mm, then took a good pull similar to the others.

Bit of a plank will make it easy.  :038:
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Freddy2331

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XCA
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2019, 07:29:17 AM »
I have a 800 XCa. Im 58, 70kg. I can get it on stand but its by no means easy.

My other big bear is that if I take it off center stand it catches in the side stand so have to support the bike, lean down, drop the side stand a couple of inches to allow the center stand to fully retract.
😀😀😀

Online K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2019, 11:12:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by Freddy2331 [+]
I have a 800 XCa. Im 58, 70kg. I can get it on stand but its by no means easy.

My other big bear is that if I take it off center stand it catches in the side stand so have to support the bike, lean down, drop the side stand a couple of inches to allow the center stand to fully retract.

That is wrong. It sounds to me like the earlier model stand has been fitted rather than the post 2012 modified one. If a dealer installed it go back and have a talk with them. Maybe they owe you the correct product for your bike.

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2019, 11:25:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by Freddy2331 [+]

I (mainly) only use the centre stand for 2 tasks fuelling up and chain maintenance. But on all occasions I have the sidestand fully down. When taking the bike off the centre stand, side stand down, keeping bike vertical push forward off centre stand and at point the bike wheels hit the ground front brake on, lean left onto side stand and notch gear lever into 1st gear. From there mount bike as normal as it is always left in gear on side stand. I wouldn't take it off the centre stand any other way for fear of a momentary loss of balance and the bike going over on its side.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Recent Topics