Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: got an itch  (Read 1169 times)

Offline D.O.C.

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800
got an itch
« on: April 10, 2018, 07:55:46 PM »
Hi  I have an itch which definitely needs scratching
Before I had my 800 Tiger I had an Aprilia Tuono 1000r (2010) which I am sorry to say I sold it
I now fancy a big twin again and have seen two Aprilia Futura models
They are a 2002 with 7000 miles on the clock and a 2001 with no miles and described as NOS
Has anyone had or got a Futura and if so what are your impressions of these bikes. Is it like a Tuono with fairings/bodywork or am I missing a point somewhere

Cheers D.O.C.

Offline chico

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
Re: got an itch
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 06:12:44 AM »
You're on the wrong Forum. D.O.C.

Chico

Offline D.O.C.

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 06:39:00 AM »
Hi  Chico

Not the first time I will have been on the wrong page from everyone else   

Cheers  D.O.C.

Offline chico

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 12:57:07 AM »
Cheers back at you D.O.C. :031:

Chico

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 04:14:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by D.O.C. [+]
...two Aprilia Futura models
Has anyone had or got a Futura and if so what are your impressions of these bikes. Is it like a Tuono with fairings/bodywork
Altho I've not had a 'Priller Futura, I have been around a couple (years ago) and have ridden one, some.
What I appreciate about them is their nod to style and their (successful, IMO) way of doing it differently.
I still think a Futura is a beautiful m/c, today -- none of which may be remotely the kind of impression you're looking for..?
(I'm not a v-twin guy...)
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience gets the money and the man with money gets the experience."
Jimmy Nighttime

Offline eccyboway

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 02:35:47 PM »
I had an 2002 Futura in Red, did 34,000 miles plus.  It is a sports tourer, similar to a Honda VFR. Only problems I had was an electrical fault caused by a badly fitted alarm and a cooling fan that needed replacing. Great long distance tourer, but a bit thirsty at speed. Most comfortable seat of any bike I haver ever had. Sporty riding position eventually got too much for my aging wrists and neck. This was before Piaggio owned April and spares supply was a bit iffy everything had to ordered from Italy. I don't think the bike was too popular due to the styling, as it was quite event to see another one on the road.

Offline D8ona

• Tiger Jedi
  • I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Bike: 865 Scrambler
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 09:34:00 PM »
Go look at a Ducati ST2 or ST3 still offer a cracking ride at a cracking price. Parts availability good and home serviceing / belt changes straightforward. Picked up a one owner ST2 1997 20k for 750 last year. But I love Ducatis and Triumphs
There's someone in my head but its not me..?
Ducati MTS 950 - Monster 1100 Evo - Thruxton 1200 - Scrambler 900 - 1998 Daytona 900 - 1997 Ducati ST2

Offline smurfbud

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger Road Blue
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 08:17:54 AM »
Hi DOC,

Have you read the available online reviews? MCN seems to think it has lost something in translation but owners generally seem to like the bike (apart from the minor niggles)

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/aprilia/rst1000-futura/2001/

If its a big Vee you are after, there are probably better choices out there, but it all depends what you want it for?

Good luck buddy
Still a pupil at the school of life

Offline D.O.C.

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 07:48:39 AM »

Thanks for replies guys.  I love v twins and was looking for something different than the usual Ducati ,KTM  etc  which everyone seems to have.  I like Aprilia as although they are old school (like myself) they still have a modern look. Still looking as the ones for sale are all in Englandshire and I was hoping to find something a bit more local to me.

Cheers   D.O.C.

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 12:07:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by D.O.C. [+]

Thanks for replies guys.  I love v twins and was looking for something different than the usual Ducati ,KTM  etc  which everyone seems to have.  I like Aprilia as although they are old school (like myself) they still have a modern look. Still looking as the ones for sale are all in Englandshire and I was hoping to find something a bit more local to me.

Cheers   D.O.C.

Enjoy the new bike, when it comes.
I've always liked the look of  vee twinGuzzi's, now they are visually striking ;)
Not too sure I like the idea of owning one though :017:

Recent Topics