Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Loan Bike - 900 Bonneville Black  (Read 510 times)

Offline prenticemarie

• Tiger Master
  • Hinckley Triples - Moto2 GP for 2019 !
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Road
Loan Bike - 900 Bonneville Black
« on: April 15, 2018, 01:07:20 PM »
Whilst my Tiger was in for Service I was loaned a 900 Bonneville Black .... Well, what an awful bike !

It was like sitting on a board, so uncomfortable, and the damn thing didn't want to steer. The only good thing was the engine, very torquey.

It brought home to me how comfortable my Tiger is and how well it handles !

No doubt I will get some flack from Tigers who also own a Bonneville ? ...  :031:
My My, How Time Flies ... From BSA DBD34 Gold Star To Tiger 800 Road ... 1959 - 2018 !

Offline nigelw6

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800 xrt
Re: Loan Bike - 900 Bonneville Black
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 01:36:19 PM »
Everyone to their own I think. I had a loan scrambler when my Tiger XRT was in for repair and i also thought it was the most uncomfortable bike I had ever ridden. I think I am of the age where the additional comforts that the Tiger has are quite welcoming. As you say at least its transport and it got me from Plymouth back to Hayle and commuting for a week.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 01:38:58 PM by nigelw6 »

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 02:19:03 PM »
I also had a loan Bonneville Black at one stage and hated it.
Last service I had a T120 and loved it. Completely different bike from the original Bonne models. I doubt I would want to own one expect as a third bike. The power delivery was frankly boring but as an overall package to take for short rides on a summer day or proceed around the hills in a gentlemanly fashion it was quite neat.

Offline petesear

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XRT
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 05:48:10 PM »
I took out the new Bobber when my Tiger went in and I loved it.

Not sure who it is aimed at with its stupidly small tank but it did take me back to the 'good old days'.

Offline Psychopasta

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 06:45:47 PM »
The Bonneville is what happens when you tell good engineers to come up with a good retro bike
The Tiger is what happens when you tell good engineers to come up with a good bike

Remove all the compromises from making it look retro and the bike just has to be better. That said, I also have a Bobber and it is a total blast. Impractical yes, but fun's not about practicality.

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 08:15:00 AM »
I've got a Scrambler. Original seat isn't much cop (the seat on the Bonneville SE is even worse) but all the air-cooled Bonnies take the same seats, and there are several replacement options which are more comfortable. Mine now sports the king & queen seat.
Tiger 800 XRx, Scrambler, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900

Offline CB250G5

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 09:35:40 AM »
I've had a 1200 Bonnie for half a day.

I'm sure you could cross continents on it, but also convinced you wouldn't crack a smile on the way.

What a boring bike to ride.  My old T140V was much more fun, let alone the Tiger.
2015 Tiger 800 XRx, Yamaha RD350YPVS special, Yamaha TDR250 (being rebuilt), Yamaha SRX400 Super Single and a Voskhod 175

Recent Topics

winded-staunch