Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: XCX Tubeless Rims  (Read 304 times)

Offline Bladerunner99

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Waiting
XCX Tubeless Rims
« on: April 17, 2018, 01:12:12 PM »
Has anyone invested in replacement tubeless rims for their xc/xcx, apart from using the Triumph T800 cast rims.  I would be interested to know your opinions/experiences.

Thanks  :465:
Ride to work. Work to ride

Offline odum666

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
Re: XCX Tubeless Rims
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 08:50:09 PM »
Have you considered outex tape
when you sit on a sports bike you feel special...when you sit on an adventure bike you feel something special is going to happen!!

Offline Bladerunner99

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Waiting
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 12:31:02 PM »
I have but am doubtful of the effectiveness/reliability of the product and also the front wheel is not suitable for fitting a tubless tyre, or so I am led to believe.
Ride to work. Work to ride

Offline ubermick

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger XCA
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 05:46:18 PM »
Curious about this as well. I know a lot of the lads on advrider cheerfully use tubeless tyres on their XCX (using tubes) but am rather skeptical of that, heard some horror stories of nasty blowouts happening when the tube and the tyre rub against each other causing friction/heat. My Battlewings are nearing the end of the road, and time to replace them, but finding that suitable tyres (at least here in America) are thin on the ground. Seems my choices are either more Battlewings, or TKC70s unless I go pure road or pure off.
2016 Tiger XCA - Saoirse

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 09:34:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by ubermick [+]
I know a lot of the lads on advrider cheerfully use tubeless tyres on their XCX (using tubes)
My Battlewings are nearing the end of the road, and time to replace them, but finding that suitable tyres (at least here in America) are thin on the ground.
AFAIK Bridgestone Battlewings are (like most modern m/c tires) tube/tubeless -- i.e., tubeless when mounted on a tubeless-style rim and tube-type (inner-tube needed) when mounted on a tube-type rim.
Finding a tube-type (only) tire in modern sizes for modern bikes (in modern styles) may be somewhat difficult.
I've ridden all-around the United States and parts of Arkansas.

Recent Topics