Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Pyramid brakes pads  (Read 3739 times)

Offline gryan39

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Triumph tiger800
Re: Pyramid brakes pads
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2018, 07:52:16 PM »
Ye back rubs but spins like you say but front spins but stops more abruptly than it should. Definitely not stopping freely.

Offline gryan39

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 10:02:30 PM »
 Still cant get them free completely.  Think I might have do a fluid change. Due one anyway. Hope that cures it.

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2018, 06:08:48 AM »
Before you change the fluid, you may as well pop the pistons out as far as you can and give them a thorough clean (and lube with brake fluid)
Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline gryan39

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2018, 08:31:09 AM »
Ye will do that. Cheers

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2018, 10:04:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by gryan39 [+]
Still cant get them free completely.  Think I might have do a fluid change. Due one anyway. Hope that cures it.

Could be corrosion in the dust seal grooves, likely assembled dry. This forces the dust seals tight on the pistons, I had it on my Sprint. Stripped them out, cleaned out the grooves, rubber greased the grooves & dust seals, re-assembled, one finger push piston in & others would pop out, best brakes I ever had then.
Careful with orientation of seals.
Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline gryan39

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2018, 05:03:21 PM »
Suns out so Ill give these dam sticky brakes another go.

Offline gryan39

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2018, 05:49:12 PM »
Bollocks.  Have accidentally pushed one pistons on from brake out to much. Havent came right out but cant be seated right now as wont go back in.  Anyone know what should do. It popped to far as pushing other piston. Dam.

Offline Sputnik

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2018, 06:24:00 PM »
If you are pumping the pistons out and one is free-moving and the other is sticking it's a good idea to use a block of wood or similar to stop the good piston coming all the way out so the pressure shifts onto the sticking piston so they come almost all the way out together ... but I guess you've figured that out now!

If the piston really won't go back in (it's either gone past the seals and they are preventing it going back in or else you're trying to get it back in squint (in which case you might still be ok but don't force them in squint)) then you may have to go back to the advice on your sticking brake thread. Note in that thread my cunning advice not to get stuck with one piston out and one stuck in. Depending on how far yours has come out you may still get away with sliding something in to block the 'outy' piston enough to pump the stuck one out almost to the point it can be pulled out. Alternatively, you may just end up squirting brake fluid past depending on how far out the 'out' piston has already come. As before you can take a view on whether you are happy clamping a brake hose - if you've got braided hoses then don't even try!

Offline gryan39

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2018, 08:18:27 PM »
One pistons is sliding fine. When I gave that push other one popped nearly out. Now wont go back in. It can be wiggled bit. If seal is stopping it what do I do.
Cheers.

Offline Grumps

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 800 Xca
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 08:45:14 PM »
Make sure the piston is exactly in line with the bore. Then push back in.

2018 Xca. BMW K1600GTL. Suzuki GT380

If money can't buy happiness - explain motorbikes and beer

Recent Topics

winded-staunch