Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Pyramid brakes pads  (Read 3735 times)

Offline Buckr

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
Re: Pyramid brakes pads
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2018, 08:02:47 PM »
In the 70's armstrong were the "go-to" brand for vehicle brakes and clutches. They were one of the best to buy. How things change huh !!!

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2018, 08:21:04 PM »
I like the modulation from EBC HHs - on the front anyway - you could put a couple of wooden blocks in the back though  :001:
Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2018, 10:04:58 PM »
'Greenstuff' v/s 'Redtuff' v/s etc.  :002:
But, there are differences...
A story: I have a dual-sport bike (not Tri.) that's kind'a street-oriented w/dirt promise and, when first riding it off-road, I felt the rear brake was way too powerful (for my taste). Too aggressive, I felt -- if I want more brake?, I'll press harder...
So, I went shopping for a solution and picked the absolute cheapest / no-name brake pads I could find for replacements.
Voila / success -- great, non-skidding, rear brake.
"Working on a motorcycle, working well, caring, is to become part of a process, to achieve an inner peace of mind.
The motorcycle is primarily a mental phenomenon."
Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2018, 07:23:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by AvgBear [+]
'Greenstuff' v/s 'Redtuff' v/s etc.  :002:
But, there are differences...
A story: I have a dual-sport bike (not Tri.) that's kind'a street-oriented w/dirt promise and, when first riding it off-road, I felt the rear brake was way too powerful (for my taste). Too aggressive, I felt -- if I want more brake?, I'll press harder...
So, I went shopping for a solution and picked the absolute cheapest / no-name brake pads I could find for replacements.
Voila / success -- great, non-skidding, rear brake.

Haha, :0461: I also have d/s bikes, last thing we want is keen brakes in the rough stuff. Some of the older ones had drum brakes, the oem linings would fall off the shoes, caused by riding through streams & not being rivetted on. That could lock up the wheel.

Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch