Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Chain and Spockets !  (Read 4267 times)

Offline T-Rever

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
Re: New Chain and Spockets !
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 06:51:38 PM »
Fitting a 17T front sprocket will pull the rear wheel forward a couple of  notches. You won't notice the difference in performance. 94 horses will still get you off the lights pronto...

Offline SteveTT800XRT

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2016 TT800XRT
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2020, 02:40:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by T-Rever [+]
Fitting a 17T front sprocket will pull the rear wheel forward a couple of  notches. You won't notice the difference in performance. 94 horses will still get you off the lights pronto...

Also done that did I, 17T JT up front

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2020, 02:51:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by SteveTT800XRT [+]
Also done that did I, 17T JT up front

Just a suggestion .... as this thread was a reference and 2yrs old possibly better to have given the info in the current thread to the question asked today?  :027:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline SteveTT800XRT

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2016 TT800XRT
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2020, 03:09:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
Just a suggestion .... as this thread was a reference and 2yrs old possibly better to have given the info in the current thread to the question asked today?  :027:

Oeps, sorry

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2020, 09:01:09 AM »
I enjoyed yours and the posts of others. I had a similar experience many years ago. Decided to do my own chain etc. You can get a little flustered once you start grinding away, as there is no way back. Then to find the tool you bought was a copy, and starts bending. Grrr. However, spending an hours labour charge on a good quality tool really is a no brainier.
If I were you, I would definitely make time to remove the extra link, as it will need doing for sure. Thanks for the posts

Recent Topics

winded-staunch