Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ignored downshifts ...  (Read 440 times)

Offline Davy

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: '12 White Roadie
Ignored downshifts ...
« on: May 07, 2018, 12:28:23 PM »
I've had my 2012 roadie for 2 years now, and shifting gears has always been faultless. Last weekend i did a 500km daytrip, and in the last 200km's i noticed that sometimes my downshifts were being ignored. In order to get it down a gear, i had to make the shifting movement slow and deliberate. I had it a couple of times, but today the problem seems gone (the daytrip was quite a spirited ride)

Is this a signal of worse to come?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 12:30:08 PM by Davy »

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie
Re: Ignored downshifts ...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 12:41:29 PM »
You probably need to take the clutch cover off and look at that end of the selector shaft.
There are two possible problems you could find, a broken return spring or the selector pin has parted company with the selector
Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Pro
  • Bike: XC,CB1300,Lverda
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 01:09:58 PM »
Make sure your oil level is right and not too close to replacement date.
Check clutch cable  freeplay.
Laterally unstable unless moving.

Offline Maxrock

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 11:38:46 AM »
Noticed mine started doing this yesterday, oil level all good. Only got the bike in January so maybe I'll take it back into the dealer to have a look, its a 2013 roadie.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch