Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Brake Pin Woes  (Read 6394 times)

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
Re: Brake Pin Woes
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2018, 03:29:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by biscut1975 [+]
By doing something very sneaky. ..i left the rear one alone as the pads and discs have barely any wear on them lol only replaced the fronts which have been in and solid ever since i posted 😊
I only ask because I bought 3 off eBay when I did my brakes and the rear pin wouldn't fit. I ended up putting the original pins on a bench grinder with flap wheel and cleaning it up. The seller said he had been having problems with the rear pins not fitting the tiger XC calipers

Offline biscut1975

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2018, 09:56:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by Guyver [+]
I only ask because I bought 3 off eBay when I did my brakes and the rear pin wouldn't fit. I ended up putting the original pins on a bench grinder with flap wheel and cleaning it up. The seller said he had been having problems with the rear pins not fitting the tiger XC calipers

Ahh ok, thanks for the heads up. Will keep that in mind for when i do need to change the pads etc. Will be interesting to see if others have also had the same issue. I assume its the same parts whether it's XC or XR (mine is the latter).

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2018, 10:47:20 AM »
When replacing the pins it's worth cleaning (scraping almost) the holes the pins pass through as they accumulate crud that ends up being quite hard so doesn't just wash out.  I manually turn a drill bit through the locating holes and said crud just falls away.
Stupid is as stupid does.
IRL via GB & CL

Online UncleGary

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2018, 10:23:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
When replacing the pins it's worth cleaning (scraping almost) the holes the pins pass through as they accumulate crud that ends up being quite hard so doesn't just wash out.  I manually turn a drill bit through the locating holes and said crud just falls away.
+1. That is my experience.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch