Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: MIL and TTC disabled lights on after flat battery  (Read 1893 times)

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
Re: MIL and TTC disabled lights on after flat battery
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2018, 05:39:33 PM »
My story: after rolling the bike out of the garage and getting suited-up, I turned the key on and pressed the starter button -- there was a "click" and everything turned off. That signaled the end of a - fine until then - original-type battery.
(apparently?, some sort of internal failure killed it..?)
Luckily, I had a fresh 10 A-H sealed lead-acid battery in the garage (for another purpose). Since I still needed to go somewhere, I swapped-out the original-type for the 10 A-H -- it fit (smaller / basically: shorter) and started the bike.
I ordered the 20 A-H battery listed in a previous post and replaced the 10 A-H and all has been well since.
So.., (in my case) 3 sizes will work -- reserve electrical supply, notwithstanding...  :033:
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience gets the money and the man with money gets the experience."
Jimmy Nighttime

Offline biscut1975

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
Re: MIL and TTC disabled lights on after flat battery
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2018, 10:18:08 PM »
After doing some more digging, and bits of testing, i found an article online that mentioned something i had never heard of. ..a parasitic battery drain. Ok, to me it sounded like bulls##t BUT...on pulling out a micro usb cable that i had run through the frame, i found it melted / fried. Replaced the cable and have now run it somewhere that won't get quite so hot, i haven't had any problems since. I have left the battery off charge, left various accessories plugged in and a week later, fired up first time and has done every time since.

Recent Topics