Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: SATURDAY ROUTE  (Read 2682 times)

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: R1200GS, CRF250L
Re: SATURDAY ROUTE
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2018, 08:04:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
Rocket
Not having a dig buddy, I'm just not sure how practical it would be to stop on a 30% gradient ?

As an alternative we could consider a detour for those with pillions, or put those who want to do the dismount to the back, so others aren't tripping over them, plenty of time to sort out the details yet  :028:

I know you weren't, and I agree entirely that if anyone is  worried about attempting Hardnott, there are ways to make it easier. Pillions dis-mounting is the simplest option (and, of course, this would be done in a practical way). An alternative route is also possible if necessary.

I dont want to over-state the difficulty of Hardnott and I think we should include it, but I found it more of a challenge this time (due to the degraded road surface) . Hence, the prompt to folks to speak up if unsure, so we can deal with the concerns ahead of the day.

Anyway, enough on this topic, what did you make of Hartsideman's piccies?

« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 08:13:07 PM by Rocket »

Offline rozzer

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: '16 1050 Sport
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2018, 09:14:46 PM »

I thought his photo's were great.  All except the one of the sheep,couldn't you find a pretty one ! !

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2018, 12:58:55 PM »
The pics were good, helped by a knowledge of local vantage points  :028:

Of course there's another winter to come before we go, so I agree, it's probably best to park the route for now with a good idea and look at it again next spring  :028:

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2018, 04:24:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
The pics were good, helped by a knowledge of local vantage points  :028:

Of course there's another winter to come before we go, so I agree, it's probably best to park the route for now with a good idea and look at it again next spring  :028:

Agreed.

Offline tewe

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2018, 07:28:17 AM »
Absolutely great pics, even so good that it made me to start to plan a trip over there. It's been a while since I've taken my Triumph to the UK (back in 2004 maybe)  and then I missed this part of the Island.

tewe

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White 800 Roadie
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2018, 07:48:16 AM »
Fantastic pics and what I see from the pass, yeah can be tricky but I have done far worse roads in South Tyrol with bends narrower than those you show.

But then as Rocket rightly said: we are a group of riders who may have different levels of skill and although everyone says on those ride outs: we do not put any pressure on you, this is not a race, take your time..... bla bla bla. There is pressure as you do not want to hold up the group, spoil the fun for others etc. So Rocket is absolutely right to look for safe alternatives that no one gets hurt in the end.

And as to pillions walking up the hill in riding gear: they could wear a bikini underneath and strip down for the walk now that is something I'd like to see... :492: I offering help in carrying the riding gear up the hill....
Live is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800XC & Explorer
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2018, 07:59:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by Derchef1962 [+]
And as to pillions walking up the hill in riding gear: they could wear a bikini underneath and strip down for the walk now that is something I'd like to see... :492: I offering help in carrying the riding gear up the hill....
Oh no, don't give Healdem an excuse to ride pillion! Boy that would be one for a revived Tiger 800 calendar.

My eyes are bleeding at the thought of it.  :156: :005:

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2018, 09:26:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
Oh no, don't give Healdem an excuse to ride pillion! Boy that would be one for a revived Tiger 800 calendar.

My eyes are bleeding at the thought of it.  :156: :005:

I suppose there has to be a first time ( to actually remove the bike gear when on a ride  :492:)

Offline JMc

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: tiger800
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2018, 01:34:26 PM »
I think the route needs more like this... :418:....

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2018, 07:10:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by healdem [+]
I suppose there has to be a first time ( to actually remove the bike gear when on a ride  :492:)

Dress like that and you can be sweeper.... should keep the group nice and tight   :001:

winded-staunch