Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: MEGA MEET 2019 - GENERAL DISCUSSION PAGE  (Read 1479 times)

Online Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: R1200GS, CRF250L
Re: MEGA MEET 2019 - GENERAL DISCUSSION PAGE
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2018, 04:42:58 PM »
I have found a pub/restaurant that can fit us all in and provide a private room . Its the Castle Bar, Cockermouth.

Gets decent reviews. Real Ales + English grub at OK prices. Cosy decor and atmosphere which looks ideal for our mixed group ( for dining purposes, in case you were wondering)   

Have made a provisional booking for both nights but things will be flexible re dining on Friday due to people arriving at Cockermouth at different times.

However, the usual format applies for Saturday evening in that we dine as a group.

Further details in the Social Venue and Accomodation thread.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 05:09:59 PM by Rocket »

Online Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2018, 08:56:07 PM »
One of the important aspects of the route planning is the frequency of stops for the Saturday ride. I know there are different opinions on this.

Timings of each leg will be sorted when I do a recci of the route and finalise the stopping places .

On the day, I will have my favourite pillion with me and I know from experience that 1hour to 1.5 hours between stops is comfortable and safe depending on weather conditions, interest level, fatigue levels etc. I am leaning towards 1.5 hours per leg for the Lakes, but I will decide when I have ridden the route.

I am aware of the need to strike a balance on this important aspect.

At the risk of opening a proverbial can of worms, please feel free to add your constructive input. I am especially interested in hearing from those with pillions.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 09:01:03 PM by Rocket »

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800XC & Explorer
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2018, 09:13:05 PM »
90 minute minimum between stops are preferred for me & Mrs T800XC. Too many or too frequent stops can spoil the flow of the ride.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2018, 01:33:14 PM »
Sat still as a pillion for a long period can be a problem not experienced by the riders 1-1.5 hours is generally Ok, Mrs D hasn't struggled on any of the meets we've been on, so more of the same please Rocket  :028:

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger XRt
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2018, 09:08:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
Should this come about and someone fancies Chinese I can definitely recommend the 'Bamboo Chinese & Thai Restaurant' just off Main Street in Market Place.  :169: :028:

... had a meal in the 'Bamboo' last night and realised as I left that it is next door to the 'Castle Bar' that is being considered ....  :028:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Online Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2018, 07:37:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
Should this come about and someone fancies Chinese I can definitely recommend the 'Bamboo Chinese & Thai Restaurant' just off Main Street in Market Place.  :169: :028:

I have booked the Castle Bar for the group on Saturday evening (details in the Social Event thread) but there are no fixed arrangements on Friday evening so people are free to do their own thing (Although many will probably congregate in the pleasant bar at the Brewers Fayre next to the Premier Inn).

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 07:58:13 PM by Rocket »