Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello people!  (Read 297 times)

Offline Zulu10

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800
Hello people!
« on: May 24, 2018, 10:58:13 PM »
Hi, and thanks for having me!

Im 27 years old, born and raised in Norway (east). My experience with motorcycles are rather limited, as Im currently in the process of getting my license. My father has been an enthusiastic tourer for several decades, but swears to Honda. Im a bit worried he will leave me out of his will after I bought my Triumph, but we all have our differences!

I recently bought a 2011 Tiger 800, and this is my first bike ever. I have always been fascinated by the ADV bike culture, and finally decided to become a member of it myself. Looking forward to a lot of great experiences with my new bike, and all the hidden treasures the road and the world has to offer seen from a riders perspective.

I read somewhere that its common curtesy for new members to offer virtual drinks, so I guess the next round is on me then!

Zulu10

Every time I wake up, I have an eye opening experience

Offline UncleGary

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
Re: Hello people!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 11:46:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum. You have made a fine choice for a bike. Nothing wrong with Honda but they don't really have a comparable bike to the Tiger.

There is a great deal of really valuable information on this forum for you. Have fun!

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 05:49:41 AM »
Welcome Zulu

Go easy with that round (at Norwegian prices)  :001:
Tinkering is what happens when you try something you dont quite know how to do, guided by whim, imagination, and curiosity.

Offline FROGY46

• Tiger Member
  • quo vadis
  • Bike: Tiger XRX
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 08:49:53 AM »
Bienvenue from France  :031:
Be thought of as an idiot in the eyes of an imbecile is a sensual delight of fine gourmet

Offline Tigermainia

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRx
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 09:26:03 AM »
Hi &  :401: enjoy, you have the ideal bike  :417: :152: :031:
From '61 to present - BSA C12, Royal Enfield Crusader Sports, Tiger 110, T120R Bonnie, BMW R50, Suzuki GT185, T120 Bonnie, KE 175, BMW R75, GSX750, FJ1200, XJR1300, FZ1000, Sprint1050 & Street Triple, Sprint1050, Speedtriple, Sprint1050, Sprint GT, Trophy 1215, Speedtriple & Bonneville, XRx

Offline Zulu10

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 11:54:53 AM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate it! I think me and the Tiger will have some fantastic adventures for the years to come, and this forum seems like the place for all my questions to be answered along the way 😅 Feel free to ask me if you have any questions, I know the West part of the country well (and its an aldorado for bikes)!

Zulu

Offline HH007

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Blue XRx+beak
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 09:20:07 PM »
I normally like to chop and change but 10K miles and 2 years later I'm sticking with it. Honda's nearest road going bike is the 800 Crossrunner, what a barge that is! It took me for a ride, I didn't have much say in what happened on it and when I tried to move it off the side-stand and nearly got a hernia! I liked the Africa Twin but it's unrefined and vibey and I didn't get on with the handling. Off-road I'm sure it would have been a different story but I'd have to have spoiled a Tescos flower bed to try that.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and  :417:

Offline Zulu10

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 12:17:52 PM »
Thanks! And I couldnt agree more! Tried the Crossrunner myself this weekend, and I have to say I didnt enjoy a second on it. It just made me a whole lot more sure that I made the right choice going for the Tiger. 👌🏻

Recent Topics