Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: L E D indicator bulbshims all  (Read 1329 times)

Offline julianhj

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Tiger 800
Re: L E D indicator bulbshims all
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2018, 03:26:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
I got these

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/4x-LED-Motorcycle-Sport-Bike-Motorbike-Turn-Signal-Indicator-Light-Amber-12V-UK-/252628124711?hash=item3ad1cf4427

The relay is a bit more expensive but there's no messing and it's going to work.  Put resistors in the wrong place and you start burning things.

https://www.triumphworld.co.uk/buy/triumph-LED-Indicator-Relay/A9830046

Blimey, they look like a bargain. Any modification required or do the mount directly in place of the original indicators?

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2018, 05:21:54 PM »
They work, are bright and the stems bend easily and return to original position.

The wires exit through the shaft unlike the Triumph LED and I suppose the Triumph filament indicators which have an offset mount, so I made two short brackets (just a 40mm length of aluminium, 3mm thick), mount the indicators at one end and the other end to the screen mount.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 05:24:18 PM by KildareMan »
Stupid is as stupid does.  Look Dad... No hands!!

Offline Anakin

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: TT800XRx '15
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2018, 05:16:34 AM »
I think that indicators in the original positions shall be placed through special details. I gonna make a drawing for 3D printer to "print" them. It need because of increasing the tension in contact of a fairing's plastic hole and indicator's stem.
Moreover, I gonna make them slightly slope, for more positive and younger look. Like LED DRL stripes at new Tiger.
Do you know? Moto Guzzi is younger than BMW R  :492:
Chelyabinsk, South Ural, Earth

Offline Chook22

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger XCA
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2018, 12:06:45 PM »
I installed some LED bulbs straight into the standard housings. They have the necessary resistor built in so plug and play.

I got them from Inertia LED in the States.

https://www.inertialed.com/product-page/can-bus-led-7507

Really happy with them.

Offline Anakin

• Tiger Member
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2018, 01:07:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by Chook22 [+]
I installed some LED bulbs straight into the standard housings. They have the necessary resistor built in so plug and play.

I got them from Inertia LED in the States.

https://www.inertialed.com/product-page/can-bus-led-7507

Really happy with them.

Nice product! Especially for modern bikes. But I can't understand how they can disperse such quantity of thermal energy...
Sorry for my technical slang, I'm an radio engineer  :002:
But, I want to mod the view of bike, not only a internal content.

Offline MrFinch

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: '66 800 XRX
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2018, 01:27:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Anakin [+]
Nice product! Especially for modern bikes. But I can't understand how they can disperse such quantity of thermal energy...
Sorry for my technical slang, I'm an radio engineer  :002:
But, I want to mod the view of bike, not only a internal content.

Don't forget they are only "on" half the time ( :001:) and generally they aren't on long enough to generate too much heat.
2016 Roadie called "Betty"

Offline Anakin

• Tiger Member
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2018, 05:17:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by MrFinch [+]
Don't forget they are only "on" half the time ( :001:) and generally they aren't on long enough to generate too much heat.

I didn't forget about. But I think about any other purposes when a lights work continiously.

And, the last question, the hard one  :002:
How to fit the resistor in the case when turn light works like "water flood", with increasing of consuption?
Standard 10 W must be at start, when no one LED on, or at middle, or at end of cycle, whenl all LEDs has been light?

Offline T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800XC & Explorer
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2018, 05:47:15 AM »
You can fit the 2 resistors under the seat and connect them to the alarm plug. Plenty of space there.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline Beardiexrx

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: xRx
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2018, 08:34:56 PM »
I bought a set of 4 'Audi type' led indicators from ebay,but have since found out that they won't do the flowing water theme on a 2015+ model.This is due to the flashing being controlled by the ECU and not by a conventional relay.Is there any way they can be made to work?

Offline Anakin

• Tiger Member
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2018, 06:12:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by Beardiexrx [+]
I bought a set of 4 'Audi type' led indicators from ebay,but have since found out that they won't do the flowing water theme on a 2015+ model.This is due to the flashing being controlled by the ECU and not by a conventional relay.Is there any way they can be made to work?

Did you connect them on your bike or only "found out" about this trouble from somebody other?
If already connected, how they work looks like? Is there frequently flashing like when bulb damaged or something other?
Did you add the load resistors in parallel with signals and what are them resistance in Ohm?

Recent Topics