Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Michelin Road 5 trial  (Read 6360 times)

Offline MickyBoy

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XRX
Re: New Michelin Road 5 trial
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2019, 03:06:22 PM »
Sorry I'm being really thick here.

So when looking for PR4's the sizes I need for my 2015 Xrx are:

Front: 110/80/19
Rear: 150/70 R17 69V

AND I need to choose the trail version which are actually 100% for road use?

I know I am being slow but I just want to be 100% before I buy them online.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2019, 03:35:47 PM »
Yes, right sizes. You can only get the front 110/80R-19" (59V) in the 'Trail' version. The rear is available in either 'Trail' or 'Road' version (69V) I had the 'Trail' as it was the one they had on the shelf and I would assume the carcass is slightly stiffer for the adventure bike weight? In theory the 'road' should last slightly longer as it only uses med/hard compound and the 'trail' version uses soft/med as shown in the chart a few posts back.  :028:

:084: It must be old stock PR4's as even Michelin could not supply my Michelin dealer tyre shop (Protyre) PR4's any more back last August when I needed a new rear. I had to pay a bit more and settle for a PR5 (trail) and will likely put a matching PR5 on the front early May for the forum Megameet and Lake District twisties as the PR4 front, while still having a couple of mm of tread, is starting to cup and form lumpy centre tread. When I had the rear fitted the front looked good and I had hoped it would last through half the rear PR5 life making it a convenient 3 rear/2 front but it seemed to hit a point where is rapidly goes off.  :003:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline MickyBoy

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XRX
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2019, 03:38:44 PM »
Thanks for the reply mate.

I know I was being a bit dense but wanted to be certain.

Thanks again.  :031:

Offline Rooie

• Tiger Member
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2019, 12:38:09 AM »

Offline Rooie

• Tiger Member
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2019, 12:45:17 AM »

Offline deefer45

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2013 Tiger 800
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2019, 02:04:08 PM »

Just fitted a set of trail 5's to my roadie and only ridden them in the dry so far but wow! They warm up extremely quickly and whilst I've only done about 20 miles so far in my lunch break they grip incredibly well and feel great. I was coming from scorpion trails but even compared to my other bikes that have road 3's and metzelers on they feel really good.

Bit weird at first with the different front tyre size but i'm getting used to it. If i'd realised though that the trail was a softer compound in the rear I probably would have gone for the road version as it's the same tread pattern and its likely the trail version will wear a lot faster down the middle

Recent Topics